Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

freqhopping

Just had a visual of the tanker on it's south leg, boom extended. Got a fuzzy photo of it too. Then I could see the fighter closing in on it, requesting the tanker to start its turn to the left. Almost had a picture of both but my camera wouldn't focus. Didn't look an F-22.

1525- Just watched them separate and got some pics on their next pass. Looks like an F-16. Didn't catch tails, but probably DC ANG since I first heard them on 348.725 rather than ZDC.

1609- Watched one join again. The fighter is barely visible when not looking through a 300mm lens.

1650- Tanker is getting its clearance back to McGuire and it doesn't look like there is a replacement inbound.
Mission complete

Last edited:

freqhopping

NOBLE01/02 are Shaw F-16s, about to RTB. Not sure about the replacements 11/12. Tanker replaced by 79-1710 (same as yesterday) with working ADS-B out. SWATH33's transponder quit working half way through their shift. Up until then they also had ADS-B out.

NOBLE01/02 > ZDC 284.7>352.0

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Yesterday forgot about this freq I had but 131.825 seems to be Dover Ops for
Atlas/Giant air cargo anyway.. Ony have heard GIANT Cargo planes on this so far into Dover.

Dover 's old 134.100 doesn't seem to work much anymore with McGuire up the road
using it constantly.

ra7850

I don't know if anybody here ever makes it up near Indiantown Gap but, I was listening to traffic on the state TRS the other day and caught Muir Ops working with a ground controller doing evolutions with helos. The ground controller advised Ops to have helos contact GCA on Victor frequencies 139.425 (original) and then 142.225 (revised). Freq was changed because of noise and broken comms.

I have no idea how often these freqs are used there or for what else they may be utilized. I was too far away from there to hear anything on line of site channels.

I travel by there frequently and I don't recall ever hearing anything about those frequencies. I'll put them in and see what happens. If I do I'll post the follow up here.Thanks or the post.

Robert

Tech792

Noticing that SPAWN callsign a lot lately. Seems to be associated with the 177th out of ACY. Also notice encryption being used today on 140.1 while working the Warren Grove range.

freqhopping

Falcon Virgo is supposed to be going this weekend. 4 AM this morning two CAP Cessnas were active, checking the lasers I suppose. N382CV and N636CP
No comms heard

AF1 will be landing at ADW in a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.