Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Rgr Hop seems around 0335z/11:35pm local MYTEE 53,54 passed thru here.
AE5882 MYTEE54 on my box at FL280.Also a couple McGuire KC-10's SPUR 91,92
went up to A/R with them.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
GUCCI-51 KC-10 86-0029 into Andrews this afternoon from Travis.
Assume static display at airshow..
Was planning going Sunday morning to airshow but wx forecast looks bad.
Airshows no fun in the rain :(

WA3CSX

GUCCI-51 KC-10 86-0029 into Andrews this afternoon from Travis.
Assume static display at airshow..
Was planning going Sunday morning to airshow but wx forecast looks bad.
Airshows no fun in the rain :(
yeah same here.was going sunday too

freqhopping

Did SAM52 C-32B 98-0001 think they were going to land at Andrews with the air show going on? The flight track shows a normal approach to Andrews before it ended up landing at Dulles. I saw it at the Jet Center this afternoon when I drove by on the way home from the air show.

I missed out on the T-Birds because of the approaching weather. I called my stepdad to check on the weather out west and it was only a few minutes later the show was canceled.

I'll post some pics eventually.

I saw 99-0004 and another C-32 depart ADW this morning. Apparently 0004 repositioned to Dulles. Not sure where they parked it. Not sure what the other one was.

Last edited:

WA3CSX

Did SAM52 C-32B 98-0001 think they were going to land at Andrews with the air show going on? The flight track shows a normal approach to Andrews before it ended up landing at Dulles. I saw it at the Jet Center this afternoon when I drove by on the way home from the air show.

I missed out on the T-Birds because of the approaching weather. I called my stepdad to check on the weather out west and it was only a few minutes later the show was canceled.

I'll post some pics eventually.

I saw 99-0004 and another C-32 depart ADW this morning. Apparently 0004 repositioned to Dulles. Not sure where they parked it. Not sure what the other one was.
they cancelled the T-Birds?? because I heard them flying around 1430

freqhopping

The BAs and T-Birds switch time slots each day, so today the T-Birds will fly around noon and the BAs will probably get canceled because of late weather.

I got in at 0830 despite the official schedule saying the gates open at 0900. It allowed for getting pics without lots of people around, but it was still overcast then so not great light.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
From yesterday's show some of the local flybys.. DC ANG F-16's had wobbly looking flyby.
Seems they were bucking some winds or something..
Nice flyby of the white top Hueys of HMX-1

freqhopping

From yesterday's show some of the local flybys.. DC ANG F-16's had wobbly looking flyby.
Seems they were bucking some winds or something..
Nice flyby of the white top Hueys of HMX-1

It was a bit windy and got more so later in the day. Those were 1st Helo Sqdn Hueys. It was cool watching them leave too. I got a look at their presets. They've rearranged them a bit and I confirmed 293.6 as the new Control freq that I found. 292.2 is the alternate for formation with 141.7 being the primary as well as Control Alt. Anybody know what the hell "Marconi" is? Got to be a specific location.

freqhopping

Some pics

vx1ZRWU.jpg

pKHhFoY.jpg

PMAViKf.jpg

crQ8kl1.jpg

tfoiC9f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.