**Stolen Radio in Los Angeles Area: XTS5000 UHF**

Status
Not open for further replies.

landonjensen

On March 17, 2009 a Motorola XTS5000 UHF Range 2 Model 3 radio, serial number 320CFZB727 was stolen. The radio is engraved on the right side with ‘PASADENA FIRE’ and the rear portion of the radio’s housing (below the battery contacts) is engraved with the number 3800 (Pasadena City Asset Number).

The radio has been disabled in the Network Management System, so if you come across this radio or have any information regarding its whereabouts, please contact Deputy Roth at the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, 626-798-1131. Please refer to LASO Report Number 509-008630776-084. Alternatively, contact your local Law Enforcement Agency.

Any information that leads to the return of the radio would be greatly appreciated by the Fire Department.

SCPD

QRT
I have a good friend who is a truck captain on the Glendale Fire Department. When I first saw your report that a radio was taken from Truck 21 I had to bring up the Dept.'s website and check which truck he is captain of. Turns out he is at 26's. If he was at 21's I would have called him up and given him a ration.

A few years back he was the engineer on the same truck. We had Thanksgiving dinner at 26's because he had to work that day. The firefighters baked a couple of turkeys and prepared prime rib. Boy what a feast! They pulled the engine and rescue out of the apparatus bays and we set up some long tables in them. Lots of family and friends, and only one call went out while we were there and 26's got canceled right away. Some folks were really excited to watch a response.

landonjensen

I have a good friend who is a truck captain on the Glendale Fire Department. When I first saw your report that a radio was taken from Truck 21 I had to bring up the Dept.'s website and check which truck he is captain of. Turns out he is at 26's. If he was at 21's I would have called him up and given him a ration.

A few years back he was the engineer on the same truck. We had Thanksgiving dinner at 26's because he had to work that day. The firefighters baked a couple of turkeys and prepared prime rib. Boy what a feast! They pulled the engine and rescue out of the apparatus bays and we set up some long tables in them. Lots of family and friends, and only one call went out while we were there and 26's got canceled right away. Some folks were really excited to watch a response.

From the Glendale guys I have met, they seem like a awesome group of guys. Firefighters can always make a great meal as well! :)

karldotcom

I remember just after Verdugo switching to ICIS some waitress broadcasting on Red 1 "Hey boys, one of you left your radios here at the Pancake House" one Sunday morning....which caused a stir because there were guffaws from all over the system, and they had placed themselves Out Of Service, 1 Hour Drill....

Obviously practicing their hazmat, Maple Syrup Containment/Pickup skills

WX5JCH

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
That's better then when I was on Glendale's ol' engine 4 on Verdugo, we backed over our portable at a brush fire. (I didn't do it!) I believe it was a ht-90 at the time. Funny thing was that it was in pieces but it still received.

I was an explorer at the time.I've gone on for 32 years and retired as Chief. Now I just teach at the state college and remember the good old days...

Status
Not open for further replies.