Storing EZ Scan Digital folder elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmayson

Database Admin
I know the EZ Scan Digital software for the PSR-800 can be put on a thumb drive along with the data. But what I want to do is keep my software on my hard drive, but store the data in my Dropbox folder. Has anyone figured this one out? The software doesn't appear to be very configurable.

jmayson

Database Admin
Since Windows isn't my primary operating system (I'm a Mac guy) I mapped My Documents to My Dropbox accomplishing what I wanted to accomplish (but not exactly what I wanted to do and I shouldn't have to go to this extreme to do it). Now I can access my files from any computer and it's backed up into my Dropbox account.

rwier

work around?

"Windows Explorer" ("Computer"?)
find the external drive with radio connected (mine is "removable drive M")

It looks like to me all DB and scan list config are hidden in the two folders:

CDAT and DB

Copy and paste in the puter folder of choice? Later, click or 2xclick on either folder. When asked "open with?", browse for EZScan (look in GRE folder, Pgm files). Select EZScanDB.exe, and wait a bit (be patient), took about a minute before anything happened for me.

Didn't check to see if what loaded matched the radio, or the last config of the EZScan pgrm. You are looking for whats in the radio, correct, not the last program config?

Anyway, experiments like the above might pop up a workaround for you.

rwier

PS: I posted my answer to you without a clue what a Dropbox Account is, probably should have kept quiet, lol.

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
I looked through the .ini, .dat, etc. and the registry and could not find any way to change the folder location. I submitted a ticket to GRE. Hopefully this may give us some information. I'll keep everyone posted.

Take Care,

Rich C

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
When you find out be sure to document the answer in the FAQ for these radios. I have no doubt others will have the same question at some point down the road.

best regards..Mike

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
I just received a reply from GRE:

"Thank you for contacting GRE.

There is currently no way to change the location of the stored data in the software.

You could place the EXE file on the dropbox, but that would be very slow to load.

Best Regards,
GRE Support Team"

Not the answer I was looking for, but you have to admit they're fast. Are regular users able to update the FAQ? If so, I'm not sure how.

Take Care,

Rich C

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yes, anyone can. The whole purpose of the FAQ is to let folks like you document common questions and the respective answers. Right now that FAQ is pretty threadbare, so anything you can add to it would be welcome.

If you're new to MediaWiki coding, there are links at the very bottom of the wiki main page that will get you started. I'd start with the quick guide first

best regards..Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.