Straighten me out on the record feature...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roveer

I'm a little fuzzy on the record feature. What I thought I wanted was to put a big ol MicroSD card in and expect the unit to record everything rolling off the oldest stuff. So far I think I'm only able to record 290 seconds worth of stuff.

Can someone give a description of how this works, or point me to a good document. The manual just seems to describe all the buttons but not in depth how to's (I could be wrong).

I'd like to record a few days of activity so I can capture tones for my FD/EMS in order to use the FTO feature. Even if I have to run them through one of those tone apps that tells you what each tone is.

I saw on you tube that there were lists of recordings on his 536 but when I look at mine there are none. I definitely don't know how this works.

Thanks,

Roveer

kikito

Premium Subscriber
To record indefinitely, you need to activate it by pressing Func + Record on the keypad.

The 240s automatic recordings are just temporary recordings of up to the last 4 minutes. And the way it works right now, if there hasn't been any transmissions in the last 4 mins., there won't be anything to replay. It keeps overwriting everything even when there's only silence.

I wish they would change that to be able to replay the last 4 mins. of transmissions, period, regardless of how long ago they happened.

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
Straighten me out on the record feature

I'm a little fuzzy on the record feature. What I thought I wanted was to put a big ol MicroSD card in and expect the unit to record everything rolling off the oldest stuff. So far I think I'm only able to record 290 seconds worth of stuff.

Can someone give a description of how this works, or point me to a good document. The manual just seems to describe all the buttons but not in depth how to's (I could be wrong).

I'd like to record a few days of activity so I can capture tones for my FD/EMS in order to use the FTO feature. Even if I have to run them through one of those tone apps that tells you what each tone is.

I saw on you tube that there were lists of recordings on his 536 but when I look at mine there are none. I definitely don't know how this works.

Thanks,

Roveer

Here are two videos I made about this feature. I hope it helps.

Uniden BCD536HP Record and Replay Feature - YouTube

Uniden BCD536HP Record and Replay Menu - YouTube

Roveer

You guys are great. Thanks for the posts. signal500, I was watching your video last night I just didn't watch it long enough to catch the part about long term recording. Guess I was just impatient. Thanks for posting the links, I'm sure it will help others who want to learn this feature as well.

Roveer

Status
Not open for further replies.