Strange but good conventional frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

mortoma61

I'm referring to 859.437500, which is in the 'Salt Lake City - Murray' department group. With alpha tag of 'Police Regional (linked to UCAN 17760)'. It sure is strong in Saratoga Springs, comes in perfect. And I only started getting stuff on it recently. Just got a Uniden SDS200 about two months ago. This was always in most of my favorites but at first I didn't hear it or at least notice it like I do now. Sure does stand out now!! One thing strange is it doesn't really seem to have anything to do with the city of Murray, possilbly mislabeled? I could be wrong but I don't hear anything that necessarily links it to the city of Murray.

Also get medical traffic on it, not just police. And this morning it seemed to have a conversation going about technical aspects of some electrical circuit. The guy said something about circuit number 4 was not grounded or something like that. It does seems to be a good channel with some interesting stuff on it.

And of course then I was interested in trying out that 17760 talk group, but had to go out of my way to get that into my scanner, had to do a special pull from the national database. That does not seem to be in UCA unless you go out of your way to put it in like I did. The group is 'Utah Regional Interop' ( goes into the UCA trunk system ) and it has about six talk groups, including the 17760 one. But have never heard anything on any of the six TGs yet, not even the 17760 that should be a duplicate of the aforementioned conventional frequency. Anyone in SLC area or Utah county area that knows much about this?

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
Just saw your post. Which leaves me with one question.....could this be a "patch" id from many different agencies? In No Utah we have a couple patches which run most of the time. Davis County has one and then we have a tg which ties traffic from Cache/Box Elder to the Weber Simulcast.

Regards

N7YUO

These Regional Talk Groups are usually quiet, until some multi-agency situation happens.
Like "10-80" High Speed Chases. I recommend that everyone always have these.
17600 SE Regional
17632 NE Regional
17664 SW Regional
17696 Ctr Regional
17728 NW Regional
17760 SL Regional

Status
Not open for further replies.