• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Street Legal Scooters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portable14

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hello all, I didn't know where to post this, So I'll post it here. I'm looking for a scooter that's legal to drive on the side of the road, That doesn't need to be registered or insured. Probably a 49 CC. I would be looking for that or a moped. If anyone within a reasonable distance from Southeastern Connecticut has one, Please let me know.

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
Portable14 said:
Hello all, I didn't know where to post this, So I'll post it here. I'm looking for a scooter that's legal to drive on the side of the road, That doesn't need to be registered or insured. Probably a 49 CC. I would be looking for that or a moped. If anyone within a reasonable distance from Southeastern Connecticut has one, Please let me know.

SouthEastern CT? Good lord man! Your going to get stuck in the gril of some guys lexus!:D you may WANT insurance

Check the CT DOT or DMV page. I posted a link to the CT general statutes in another thread in the wasteland here. Check that too.

I cant imagine it would be illiegal, as I see a ton of nerds driving scooters around town. But I do think there was a bill pased about minibikes a few years back when they were quite popular in some more err..... urban? areas.

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
What you seek is a gas powered bicycle. Most states have exemptions for Pedal Assisted bicycles provided they are below a certain engine size and/or go below a certain speed. This varies from state to state. Check your local laws.

I thought about getting one but the bus is still cheaper and much safer for me. If finances permit, I'll be looking to get a freeway legal (250CC or better) scooter so I can have the advantages of driving myself without spending much more than I do now to bus it. They sure look like fun...Mrs. Scanner doesn't like the idea however... which is her way of saying that I have to buy her one too! :D

-AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.