• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Stryker SR-A10MM small review

Status
Not open for further replies.

asuddendeath

So I put my new Stryker SR-A10MM and put it on the car today for a weekend road trip.
Was in a bit of a rush so did not bother to tune SWR. Out of the box channel 19 they are about 1.3. Channel 40 1.5. Going below channel 1 they are about 1.1-1.2. Running a Galaxy 959.
All good reports. I'll have to do some more testing but so far the antenna seems to be good at not picking up extra noise.

asuddendeath

Forgot to upload photos

Attachments

• 20180324_105711.jpg
    20180324_105711.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 326
  • 20180324_123845.jpg
    20180324_123845.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 326

That Stryker antenna has got the same specs. as the Wilson 5000, i wonder how it compares ? durability,performance,etc..
This being said,i think the cb community would greatly benefit from a website for reviews kind of like Eham.

asuddendeath

Almost the same. Stryker is a inch bigger and I think the coil is bigger. It can also take 5000 more watts. Build seems to be great however I may replace the pl259 connector.

asuddendeath

Well after about 90 days I had to set up for a RMA. The coax is shorting where it meets the magnet. I don't think I will do an RMA because it may take forever.
Never had a K40 or Wilson 1000 **** out like this. Let down. Will say the antenna talks wonderful! I was driving around town on a good skip day smashing people with 4 watt dead key 10 watt swing!

FiveFilter

Is the coax flexing too much at the magnet thus causing a short? I use a couple of little pieces of black Gorilla duct tape to hold the coax down so it doesn't flex in the wind and rub pain off the roof.

What is an RMA that will fix the problem?

As you noted, my K40 and Wilson 1000 mag mounts have given me no problems.

JayMojave

Hello All: Great info here.

I have rebuilt a few Wilson 5000 antennas, older ones about 15 years ago I think. I used RG142 or RG400 Teflon type coax to replace the cheap RG58 that is sold with the antennas. Its much more bullet prof and lasts a real long time G.I.

The Wilson 5000 was given to me with it being somewhat intermittent. I took it all apart and found the brass threads on the bottom of the antenna has small flakes of brass floating around and shorting the antenna connection. After cleaning it up, new RG400 Coax, and a new PVC outside case it worked great.

Jay in the Great Mojave Desert

Status
Not open for further replies.