• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Stupid Scanner Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Sometimes we scannists tend to take ourselves a bit too seriously, especially lately as evidenced by some of the posts in this forum. Well apparently there are some of us in the hobby who are not serious about anything scanner related whatsoever.

Take a look for yourself: http://www.stupidscannertricks.com

If you've never gone there, or it's been a while, it's worth a visit. There are some truly warped people that post there... one trick that was posted involved standing on your head.... while looking at your scanner... in a bowl of custard. Yeah! A bowl of freaking custard! Damn, I thought I was strange...

Check it out if you want a good chuckle or two.

-AZ

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Title: Burn someone's harddrive
Frequency: 129.5150
Date: 30-Mar-2000
Category: Other
Description: Go to the nearest computer with a ham radio and listen close to the sound. when you here a modem sound them push the talk button about twenty or thirty times in a shot. you'll burn there drive.
Thanks To: Anonymous

Gee, how nice of them. Losers...

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
scanner_freak said:
Title: Burn someone's harddrive
Frequency: 129.5150
Date: 30-Mar-2000
Category: Other
Description: Go to the nearest computer with a ham radio and listen close to the sound. when you here a modem sound them push the talk button about twenty or thirty times in a shot. you'll burn there drive.
Thanks To: Anonymous

Gee, how nice of them. Losers...
Yeah, there's obviously some "script kiddies" at play in there but look past those posts and you'll see some real odd ones in there. One guy posted riding the bus as a scanner trick: Frequency? Every 15 to 30 minutes... :lol:

Aw c'mon, it's the tavern right? A place to "post weird and obscure links"?

Alright fine. It's a stupid, stupid website and I should be stoned with Uniden battery packs and hung with cheap crap RadioShack RG58 just for its mere mention! :oops: It'll never happen again.

-AZ

waynesewell said:
The walmart gag was actually pretty funny.
If you are talking about putting the on display scanners on the employee channels so when they talk bad about costumers, the costumers can hear them, I was gonna do that, but i never got the chance to. Stupid Scanner Tricks has moved to a a Yahoo group called Stupid Scanner Tricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.