• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Substitute Replacement for Midland MA100/MA105 Microphone?

KK6HRW

The original microphone (MA100) on my Midland MXT MicroMobile GMRS Radio has failed and it (and also compatible MA105) are out of stock. Does anyone know of a alternative replacement?

Hans13

The 40 watt Midland was a rebadge CCR with a locked down firmware. I posted the model name and number on MyGMRS sometime ago. That could be a source of the microphone. I will take some time and research it when I get a moment if nobody else comes back with an answer.

KK6HRW

Unfortunately, I hadn't researched any more since the earliest Midland Micro Mobiles. Any of my information wouldn't be relevant to the MXT line.

Is this one on Amazon close? https://www.amazon.com/Midland-Replacement-Microphone-Off-Roading-Overlanding/dp/B0BQLYNZ74/
It turns out that microphone in the Amazon link is the same as the one I already have in a different vehicle. I then compared connectors and, because the newer microphone controls many more functions, it’s connector is much wider than the one on my older failed mic. Thanks very much for all of your research on my behalf! Bill

Hans13

It turns out that microphone in the Amazon link is the same as the one I already have in a different vehicle. I then compared connectors and, because the newer microphone controls many more functions, it’s connector is much wider than the one on my older failed mic. Thanks very much for all of your research on my behalf! Bill
Sorry I couldn't help you solve it. Hopefully someone will come along with a suggestion for an alternate source.

KF0NYL

That info might help us narrow down the search. You are looking for a Midland hand mic with a RJ12 connecter.

KF0NYL

I should have added that the Midland hand mics with a RJ12 connecter will only have 6 wires while the newer mics with the wider RJ45 connector will have 8 wires.