Success with Radio Shack PRO-2096

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnkirk

A good luck story here, I bought a PRO-2096 in new condition from Ebay for a quarter of the new price. It said "fault on computer I/P socket causing radio to remain in clone mode. Sold as seen."

Well, ten minutes with a soldering iron and I have now a perfectly servicable 2096. Now all I need is the USB cable and some programming software for my Mac. (i know, there's none around!)

Good listening.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
A good luck story here, I bought a PRO-2096 in new condition from Ebay for a quarter of the new price. It said "fault on computer I/P socket causing radio to remain in clone mode. Sold as seen."

Well, ten minutes with a soldering iron and I have now a perfectly servicable 2096. Now all I need is the USB cable and some programming software for my Mac. (i know, there's none around!)

Good listening.

Excellent! Welcome to Radio Reference!

skydmark1

Ha, I saw that auction too. Thought about bidding was a bit scared of working on that unit. Glad it worked out for you though! What was the price you ended up getting it for?

Johnkirk

Good price, easy fix

Hi, yes the price wasn't bad, $149 including the shipping. The fault? It was a little bit of circuit board varnish on the contacts on the PC/IF socket. Soldering iron fix!

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.