Suffolk(Riverhead) help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bsmith13

Premium Subscriber
Hi I'm looking to purchase a bct15x and am wondering if it will pick up my local pd? Would this be the right scanner for my town? Anybody familiar with Riverhead? Thanks

hakwye8518

Premium Subscriber
Riverhead pd operates on the suffolk county 800mhz trunked radio system. Yes for the time being the bc15xt will work. Once they are moved to the new 700mhz system then that scanner will not work as the new system is a p25 phase 2 digital system

Bsmith13

Premium Subscriber
Any timeframe on that switch over? And is there a scanner that will do both? Sorry I'm just getting back into scanners

hakwye8518

Premium Subscriber
Non public safety users are going to start being migrated over to the new system come sometime this spring. Public safety will be the last users to be switched over. As far as scanners any scanner that is capable of p25 phase 2 tdma. The one issue is depending on your location you may have difficulty listening due the system being simulcast and the scanners not handling simulcast very well.

giguchan

Premium Subscriber
Lovely,
Means my 996XT will be a door stop.... Oh well....Sux having to buy another scanner but it sux even more NOT to have that option. if you get my meaning..

Status
Not open for further replies.