Suggestions needed for Trx 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo1961

Hi everyone, I have been reading via Google how a trunk system works. I still am not clear on where things need put. Example : I have Armstrong County that has (5) 800mhz frequencies for dispatching. Then I have Westmoreland County with (3) 800mhz frequencies for dispatching. Would it be best to put each county in one scan list or should I put them in their own scan list? Next, when I add the talk group IDs, should they be kept all together or should I separate them into their own categories like all fire together, all police, etc.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
I would separate the counties into their own scan list, and then separate the individual departments so that you can turn them on/off as needed. Looking at the ICORRS system and the Armstrong ID's I would even further separate the East and West Divisions so you can turn them on/off as needed. We have 2 Divisions here in Tulsa and 1 is busier than the rest so if you want to hear anything in the other two you have to shut it down.

Last edited:

Theo1961

So let me get this straight. I should put Armstrong Co. Dispatch say to scan list #1, then Westmoreland Co. Dispatch to scan list #2. From there I could use scan list #3 for TG Armstrong Fire and so on .

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
That would be a good start, then you can decide how you like it and grow from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.