Suggestions on ICOM PCR-1000/PCR-100 Software that logs received channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

compuscan

Suggestions on ICOM PCR-1000/PCR-100 Software that logs received channels (time received and hopefully hit counts). I want to program all local frequencies (hundreds of them) and let it scan for a week or so and then check and see what channels had activity and how many hits. From their I will program a handheld I own with limited memory channels all the frequencies with the most activities. I know from the past that some frequencies have no activity and locally, I would guess that only about 25% have any real channel activity. The rest are either not commonly used or no longer active. Also removing channels that don't receive anything will speed up the chance to get faster hits on the active channels and less clipped call intros. The more channels to scan the more time it takes to get back to the beginning channel of the scan.

If you own a ICOM PCR-1000 or PCR-100 (similar to the PCR-1000 & uses the same software commands but without CW/SSB), please feel free to post any opinions on what software works best for you. While this is an older ICOM Receiver, it still is very useful and can hold it's own against some newer receivers with it's filters, sensitivity and hardware features like the band scope.

Also the original ICOM software has 20 banks of 50 channels. Does anyone know how to link the banks in a memory scan, scan all banks at one time or is it limited to scanning 1 bank of 50 channels at one time?

SigIntel8600

Communications Receiver Nut
Premium Subscriber
Suggestions on ICOM PCR-1000/PCR-100 Software that logs received channels (time received and hopefully hit counts). I want to program all local frequencies (hundreds of them) and let it scan for a week or so and then check and see what channels had activity and how many hits. From their I will program a handheld I own with limited memory channels all the frequencies with the most activities. I know from the past that some frequencies have no activity and locally, I would guess that only about 25% have any real channel activity. The rest are either not commonly used or no longer active. Also removing channels that don't receive anything will speed up the chance to get faster hits on the active channels and less clipped call intros. The more channels to scan the more time it takes to get back to the beginning channel of the scan.

If you own a ICOM PCR-1000 or PCR-100 (similar to the PCR-1000 & uses the same software commands but without CW/SSB), please feel free to post any opinions on what software works best for you. While this is an older ICOM Receiver, it still is very useful and can hold it's own against some newer receivers with it's filters, sensitivity and hardware features like the band scope.

Also the original ICOM software has 20 banks of 50 channels. Does anyone know how to link the banks in a memory scan, scan all banks at one time or is it limited to scanning 1 bank of 50 channels at one time?

Probe1k is an awesome program. By far, the best VHF/UHF scanning program for the PCR-1000, but you will need a DOS computer or you will need to run Probe1k using DosBox software in Windows. It is very finicky with the serial port settings (I do run it, it works with win 10). Run the DOS command from the command prompt "serial1=directserial realport:com1". Another program to consider is Spectrum Commander IX, it is not cheap but it is by far the best logging software for the PCR-1000 (I use it too). My ICOM PCR-1000 is used daily. Also a good PCR-1000 program is PCR Pro, throw the software author 20 bucks via Paypal and he will send you a registration key.

compuscan

I've heard a lot about Probe1K and it's still available for sale at a discounted price. I guess I'll be trying it soon and post my results. I'll have to check out DosBox first. I've heard of it but never used it.

Status
Not open for further replies.