• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hjvan

Premium Subscriber
Just ordered new G4 from Zip Scanners and it arrived yesterday. I've been able to set up programming a couple of my local p25 systems in KC area. The problem is have is that I receive an error message anytime I try to listen to one particular site (and its a big one, Kansas City site - which carries all KC PD traffic). Other sites on the same P25 system work ok, but this particular one gives me an error message stating I need to reset the unit. I'd double and triple checked that the site id info and control channel info is correct.

Any ideas or thoughts?

Thanks all

Uni1

Unication Representative
Premium Subscriber
Fixed In our latest firmware. There is data on that channel that is not following protocol. What firmware version is in your G4?

hjvan

Premium Subscriber
Mine has V1.10-T06

Strange....I just had it shipped to me on Friday. Sounds like a need the latest firmware update. Do I contact Zip Scanners (where I purchased it from) for this? Or can someone point me to where I would locate latest firmware?

thanks so much

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Ray made a comment on the Facebook Unication page about this last week. The T06 is not the final version for the next release. Here is Ray's comment:
"the member that had his updated to a newer firmware (T06) is actually not the final release. Unication is testing T07..."

Ray and a couple of others have said the new firmware will be released after the APCO conference in Los Vegas this week. Another comment, forget where, was that Unication would be doing the upgrade in their booth for anyone with the pager with them.

So if you don't think you have the latest firmware, wait a bit and the new one will be released.

I should add, there is a link on the Unication web site to add your name to the email notification list for the firmware updates.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
The latest official firmware is V1.00-T08 That what shipped when the Phase 2 was released.

b1100mac

Premium Member
Premium Subscriber
The latest PPS software is on the unication usa website NOW and is VO.3.12.6
The soon to be released firmware will be V1.10 for all units including phase ll

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Ok and do you notice anything different in that PPS ? Like I mentioned, the only change I noticed in the last one was the increase to 64 zones from 32.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b1100mac

Premium Member
Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately not being an Uber technical guy, mostly an end-user, when new software or PPS changes come out, I download them turn on the radio and if everything works fine I shut the laptop off and go on about my business. I don’t spend a lot of time analyzing the software if any for that matter. So i’m not much help. The zone issue has never come up for me as i only use 13....mac

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
LOL...hey, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it !

I’ll download and play around.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I looked through PPS V0.3.12.6 and there is nothing for DMR ? Where did you happen to see this ?

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
PPS Tab 3, you have to add the protocol first. I messed around with it a little the other day, but wasn't able to test it, since my radios are not DMR capable yet.
I believe after adding the protocols for either or both time slots, you would then add the relevant frequencies in PPS Tab 2, and then link the frequency to the protocol in PPS Tab 5, and talkgroups would be added in PPS Tab 4.

That's as much as I know, and it may be totally wrong. :) I should add that after doing those steps and attempting to program my non-DMR G4/G5s, I wasn't able to, so I had to remove the above programming steps to be able to do any non-DMR programming.
Ben

I looked through PPS V0.3.12.6 and there is nothing for DMR ? Where did you happen to see this ?

NebraskaCoder

When scrolling down the list of models and it says the supported protocols. I just happen to see DMR listed on a few of them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Ok. That protocol is currently not an option in the programming menu...at least not yet. I believe they listed it previously in that same “note” area.

NebraskaCoder

Ah, thanks. I only saw it briefly and didn't actually try it out or see what model it matched up to.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.