Sullivan Co NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

fhr4486

Premium Subscriber
I hear that Sullivan County NY is updating their radio system.
New freqs etc. I can see a new tower from where I live.
No information on what type of system and freqs there will be.
Anybody know???

acm10

I hear that Sullivan County NY is updating their radio system.

New freqs etc. I can see a new tower from where I live.

No information on what type of system and freqs there will be.

Anybody know???

9 site vhf highband simulcast system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comspec333

They will be turning it on and optimizing it in the next month or so, but they won't be loading users onto the system until next spring / summer.

mike4164

Premium Subscriber
Go to the sullivan county website and look under emergency services. The whole radio plan is there. It gives all the information you need to know about the new system.

D

DaveNF2G

A planned system has been added to the DB without monitoring confirmation? Not a great idea. By the time it starts transmitting, plans can change, without any public notice.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
A planned system has been added to the DB without monitoring confirmation? Not a great idea. By the time it starts transmitting, plans can change, without any public notice.

That is a very good point. Are those frequencies listed in the RRDB in actual use yet? If not, they I thought according to the RRDB rules, they shouldn't be listed?
I just looked at the RRDB for Sullivan County and there is no indication those channels are "future use".

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
The database submission indicates the system is on and is being optimized. That would probably be enough for the DB Admin to work it as confirmed.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin

Thanks for your input, however you're off base.

I received and processed a submission from a rock-solid source who has firsthand knowledge of the new simulcast frequencies, which was backed up by a second rock-solid source also with firsthand knowledge. Both sources indicate that the frequencies are indeed on-air for testing purposes, and that select users will start migrating to those frequencies in short order to aid with the testing process.

The clue should've been that all of the frequencies and PL tones are present in the database, which appear nowhere in the planning documents the county has published.

D

DaveNF2G

We all know that not all detailed information about radio systems comes from published documents. Someone will have a list of CTCSS/NAC/whatever ahead of time in order to set up the radios during buildout.

However, my question distinguishes "planned" from "being built and tested".

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The repeaters are on the air, so whatever point you're attempting to make is moot. Thanks.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Two different sources both with first hand knowledge....system in the testing phase and being optimized...and the information in the DB is accurate. I don't see your point in holding off publishing the data. Regardless, sometimes information comes from outside public documents. Take that for its accuracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I'm surprised no one has made a post noting that the DPW repeater is now active, as listed in the database.

chatmed

Spoiler Alert

Yes DPW may be on air but I think you'll see other channels in the recent database update are not correct.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The frequencies are accurate, with the actual assignments obviously subject to change. So far DPW has been confirmed, the rest will be figured out easily once they go live. Only takes a few seconds to update the database, not the end of the world. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.