Sullivan Cty Kingsport TN where did they go???

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachgallop

I will be making the petition tomorrow morning, Hope that is not to late for the encryption change to stop. I hope the encryption project at least gets delayed for some reason or another. I want people to call and email the heck out of the county leaders involved in this.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
As I eluded to before, just make sure it is handled professionally and with courtesy. Nothing will shut down the dialog faster than threats or rude behavior by those of this hobby who contact them. You get more flies with honey, so to speak.

bg_nashville

I am surprised that they are even cutting the media's access off. Just look at the communication breakdown that happened with the Gatlinburg fire.

If bigger cities with higher crime rates can utilize a mix of open and encrypted channels, why can't Sullivan County?

teufler

I guess it would require officers to switch back and forth between open and dark channels..Gosh what would happen that something was to go dark and passed in the open if they were in the wrong mode. A week being a meter maid, that would be their penalty. Some cities have compromised and released their transmissions on a delayed basis, like 30 min to 1 hr late on Broadcasity, for steaming. I kn ow a couple of years ago Little Rock, Ark. , Pulaski County got into a similar Scrabble with listeners , resulting in nothing. There were hears, open meeting, even a court hearing and the outcome was what was started. The public service is a knee jerk reaction, things will change if the knees start jerking again. The desire for privacy goes beyond police and fire units. Look at phone, going from analog to digital. Look at WiFi networks, open to closed except for the chosen few. Look at DMR radios that have showed up. Police around here used , for the longest time, they had open dispatching and the pAtrol officers used Nextel phone for their "hush hush" stuff. Course the dispatchers could listen in, but maybe that was the purpose in the first place. Presentations of difficulties with coordination opf encryption by cousin agencies might be good to cover. News of cities and counties who have switched back or adapted modified open transmissions might be interesting to cover. Do the radios that Sullivan has requirfe they be presented to get new encryption codes or is it seemliness where radios are programmed over the air automatically. Seems if alot of effort will be required, radios will have two or three codes at one time and some will not have the right codes at the right time. Like I am using this pass word, sorry that was yesterdays passwoird.

Status
Not open for further replies.