summer project

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaesu990

upper peninsula , Michigan, town is calumet.
HI to all you visitors

This was my summer project to build my radio shack out on my property. so what you see is what i did this summer. I got a 12' foot by 8' foot building an a 36' foot tower . and i put them up . everthing runs on a 12 volt marine battery with a solar 1.8 watt solar battery maintainer.I put up a 600' foot long wire and a 102' foot center-fed wire antenna in a v shape for my yaesu vr-5000 shortwave. and two scanner antenna one for my BCT15 and one for my ICOM IC-R7000. And i put up a 800MHz cellphone antenna for my BCD 996T . I allso put a box on the tower so i can ground all my antenna for thunder stomes. evrything is working good. IT was a fun project for the summer. I hop you all had a good summer to.

THANKS FOR LOOKING
GARY

Attachments

• ebay 002.jpg
    ebay 002.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 1,198
  • ebay 001.jpg
    ebay 001.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,179
  • ebay 004.jpg
    ebay 004.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 1,136
  • ebay 003.jpg
    ebay 003.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 1,166

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Great job Gary! You have enough room for future expansion for sure!

And my Dog Bongo and I:

5866031379_c12e09b7fe_m.jpg

think your guard dog is awesome! :)

Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

hfxChris

Database Admin
Wow, I'm impressed! Very nice job!

This is something like what I've been considering, so I'm curious to know if your power needs are being adequately met with that setup. Any issues or limitations you've found?

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I think kudos are in order here gary! :p Damn fine job on your shack!
Your dog looks ever vigilant too!
Now all you need is the coffee maker for some late night listening!

I'm impressed and slightly jealous.

n9zas

yaesu990

upper peninsula , Michigan, town is calumet.
Wow, I'm impressed! Very nice job!

This is something like what I've been considering, so I'm curious to know if your power needs are being adequately met with that setup. Any issues or limitations you've found?

all power need are being met .the battery works very will for my needs .and that is runing lights at night to . so fair .this is a new setup . about mouth old

N8IAA

Great setup for the summer. Now, you just need to construct a covered pathway for those northern winters:lol: Oh, and a good heater too:D
Larry

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Really interesting and nice,do you have any security alarms put in yet to prevent burglars? I don't know if its just me or the pictures,but your tower looks kind of twisted around

K

kb0nly

Nice job! I too was wondering on the tower, is it the pictures and angle or is that tower actually bent?? If so and it works, so be it, just curious. Looks like its guyed? So thats not an issue.

mgolden2

Looks nice and cozy. Do you have heat and/or ac inside there? Great job on the whole project. Btw, start to finish, how many days or working-hours did it take?

ecollins11

Premium Subscriber
I like the way you have the Bearcat Scanners set up. in that box and the speakers and the LED lighting, the shack looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.