Summit County 800 System

Swipesy

I agree 62511 is Akron Public Schools Transportation. The two RID's I have recorded for this TG match the RID's from the P-25 and Old 800 System for school transportation.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks KWs and Swipesy. Sounds good. I just heard one of the guys asking someone to come out and help him out because he was having trouble getting the parking brake on the bus released. So this is the equivalent of the old systems 2627 BOE TRANS?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Yes Mike, 2627 BOE TRANS.

John

Thanks John. Could you shoot me an email? I return I'll send ya what radio IDs I've logged (unless you are also logging and don't need any) . I figure sincce the radio Ids somehow seem to match partially between old and new, you might be able to figure out some of the other talkgroups that I've seen.

Mike

marklt1

Feed Provider
heard a few transmission today that suggest 62652 will be CF FD DISP. A single transmission on 62998 might be ST FD DISP. Given that users will be asked to "do things different", it is likely some transmission will be from people calling on the wrong channel. I'm not going to assume the first transmission I hear on any talkgroup is going to be right info the first time.
Nice work keeping up with the new Summit TG updates on RR today ;)

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
Thank you both. It is pretty easy to grab the common stuff. I figure I can get all the well-used stuff in over the next few days.

And yes, KWs did put me in a panic for a minute, but I re-researched and confirmed all was good. :)

I'll try to keep updates in around lunch and in the evening for a bit.

tonya

Premium Subscriber
I heard traffic today from my home in Cleveland off the Cuyahoga site on 62856 which I believe is Richfield FD and 62864 which I think is Richfield PD.

KWs

Premium Subscriber
You are a few hours behind, those were added to database already .
But keep listening ... Akron Safety scheduled to move tomorrow !

xusmarine1979

In regards to traffic on Summit's MARCS system, will we be hearing traffic from surrounding areas as well or strictly Summit County users? I apologize if this has already been covered, I thought that I read it somewhere but couldn't locate it to verify.

Frankhappyg

Premium Subscriber
Have they completed the addition of Summit County to the MARCS system?

A lot has been added but sure more is to come.
To bad Sentinel only updates once a week be damn if I’m going to type all that in.
e23b55820618d068b949eb1479c2d1ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KWs

Premium Subscriber
I think the only Dispatch Centers left to move are Green (with Springfield, Coventry, Lakemore ) and SWSCOM ( Norton, Barberton, Copley ). And some misc. agencies. I would guess they will all be moved Thursday.

You can pretty much cut and paste from Summit Akron P25 old system , the Talkgroup description . Just change the TGIDs, if you don’t want to wait.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
In regards to traffic on Summit's MARCS system, will we be hearing traffic from surrounding areas as well or strictly Summit County users? I apologize if this has already been covered, I thought that I read it somewhere but couldn't locate it to verify.

Eventually, yes. Because the MARCS Summit site shares frequencies with the Summit P25 system, traffic is being limited to Summit while users are being migrated. The low number of available channels might lead to a lot of busies if more non-Summit traffic is mixed in. The rest of the state can be allowed on once the full set of Summit channels is moved off the Summit P25 system.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Eventually, yes. Because the MARCS Summit site shares frequencies with the Summit P25 system, traffic is being limited to Summit while users are being migrated. The low number of available channels might lead to a lot of busies if more non-Summit traffic is mixed in. The rest of the state can be allowed on once the full set of Summit channels is moved off the Summit P25 system.

Frank - I would clarify this to say "possibly." There is an active debate going on right now about unrestricted statewide roaming, which is causing loading problems in several areas around the state. Roaming to the Summit County site once the old system is off the air depends on the deal between Summit County and the state; if Summit County took a conservative view of capacity/loading and the state leaves the Akron and Nimisila sites operating, it's possible most users from outside Summit and surrounding counties (especially non-public safety) would be restricted to those sites to preserve capacity on the Summit County site.

Alternately, if the state adds frequencies to the Summit County site, then it could accept more users, but since a simulcast site is limited to 30 channels there's still a limit.

Time will tell.

NozeDive

Hi everyone.

I started getting in to picking up the P25 system back in like June. I've worked on it off and on, and have gone through basically this entire 42 page thread. It seemed like around December, I stopped picking up traffic. I used to get a ton.

I'm only listening to talkgroups for Cuyahoga Falls / Munro Falls (and I think some other townships are on those talkgroups as well) and I'm using a software defined radio dongle and using SDR-Trunk.

Like I said, everything seemed fine up until about halfway through December.

If I'm reading this correctly, it seems like some organisations are leaving the P25 system? Is that correct, or am I just confused?

Is there a short or concise primer for this topic? I feel like I'm missing something because I'm just not looking in the right place.

Thanks!!

--Tony

KWs

Premium Subscriber
Go to Ohio MARCS IP ... go to Summit Site for control frequency, go to Summit County 77 for all the newest talkgroups.

Forget about the Summit P25 system it’s just about closed out.