Summit County 800 System

northernsummit

Feed Provider
Anyone find Boston Hts or Silverlake since the change over?
Been trying to catch who may be dispatching them or if they have their own TGID.

I thought they had their own TG too but it appears they're all sharing one:

62661 CF PD1 Cuyahoga FallsMunroe FallsBoston HeightsSilver Lake Police 1

KWs

Premium Subscriber
This set up has been in place for a few years . You have to listen to CF Police Dispatch

relay99

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys ......
Never paid attention to who dispatched them and was just guessing it was Peninsula.

a388sig2

Anyone find Boston Hts or Silverlake since the change over?
Been trying to catch who may be dispatching them or if they have their own TGID.

Wasn't the most recent timeline, Macedonia, Peninsula, then Cuyahoga Falls? Think they're currently with the Falls...300-units on their Talkgroups.

northernsummit

Feed Provider

a388sig2

Wasn't the most recent timeline, Macedonia, Peninsula, then Cuyahoga Falls? Think they're currently with the Falls...300-units on their Talkgroups.

They were 300s on Macedonia and Richfield.

They're now 200s on Cuyahoga Falls.

MotorolaDave

Just noticed TG 62502 PSAP in the database. I know PSAP stands for Public Safety Access Point, but I am wondering what king of traffic folks have monitored on the TG. Is it used to communicate between PSAP's?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I remember having listened to two recordings of it, and I'm thinking I heard 76 and 77 talking to each other on it. Wait, no, I think I actually heard 76 calling 77 on it or vice versa. So I think it is to communicate between PSAPs. I'm sure mszabo has the answer though

northernsummit

Feed Provider
Just noticed TG 62502 PSAP in the database. I know PSAP stands for Public Safety Access Point, but I am wondering what king of traffic folks have monitored on the TG. Is it used to communicate between PSAP's?

I've heard the county calling each PSAP in the county doing a radio test. Many of them don't even bother to respond. I speculate its there to coordinate emergency PSAP failover if a given dispatch center loses all of it's 911 service and needs to coordinate moving to a backup PSAP.

mszabo2000

I've heard the county calling each PSAP in the county doing a radio test. Many of them don't even bother to respond. I speculate its there to coordinate emergency PSAP failover if a given dispatch center loses all of it's 911 service and needs to coordinate moving to a backup PSAP.

Bingo! Also to notify another center if mutual aid is needed. They often use phones but radio is faster.

northernsummit

Feed Provider
You’re not missing it. They’re supposedly working on it but taking their good old time. I’ve been waiting for over a year. I believe they already own the radios. It is inevitable.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin

Bingo! Also to notify another center if mutual aid is needed. They often use phones but radio is faster.

Comm centers not answering the PSAP channel? Must be some sort of disease; we have that same problem down here, too....

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink"

If you change that from water to beer (or wine), the equation changes for many of the people I work with.....

k8zgw

I didn't want to hi jack someone else's thread..
I have been hearing just about everything I want to hear,( and then some)
from the Chamberlain tower, now I think I want to try and listen to Twinsburg TOWNSHIP.
While the township gets it's fire service from the Twinsburg Fire Department, there Police
is via the summit Co SO, and I can't seem to find what talk groups the SO is using for
Twinsburg Township, Does anybody have a clue what they are using ?

Thanks

Don

Steven_024

Premium Subscriber
from the Chamberlain tower, now I think I want to try and listen to Twinsburg TOWNSHIP.
While the township gets it's fire service from the Twinsburg Fire Department, there Police
is via the summit Co SO, and I can't seem to find what talk groups the SO is using for

Thanks

Don

Summit Co SO doesn’t have TG’s for specific jurisdictions. Therefore, if you want to listen to Twinsburg you would have to import SCSO’s Dispatch 1 TG which also covers Green, Coventry, and a few jurisdictions up north (Twinsburg.) Springfield and Lakemore also use SCSO for their dispatch so it can and will become a very active TG. SCSO also uses Dispatch 1 for their day to day operations as well.

They also have Dispatch 2 & 3 that they occasionally use for specific events but it is encrypted for SCSO radios.

“Car to Car” is another TG they use primarily for deputy to deputy traffic.

“Services” is a TG they use to go in service and out of service, running plates, running SSN’s etc. this channel is also encrypted for SCSO radios.

SCSO identifies their units as car numbers.
560-569 - Coventry Units
570-579 - Green Units
580-590- Twinsburg / Northfield Center

900-910 - Springfield PD
460-469 - Lakemore PD

700’s - administrative units ; Jail, Courthouse, extra cars, etc.

These are appropriate but can give you a good idea of what your listening too if you choose to start listening!

Last edited:

Swipesy

Thanks

Don

Don,

Don't be so sure you are hearing Summit off Chamberlin Tower (unless Summit are the only towers you have programmed). I hear Summit Sherrif, Hudson, Twinsburg off of Summit, Geauga, and Cuyhahoga Towers during any listening sessions.