• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Sunday River/Newry and Bethal Maine

Hello. I am heading up to Sunday River for a ski trip, what should I listen to when I go up.

At the moment I will be listening to Newry Fire, Bethal Fire and the Sheriff.

What else should I listen to?

Maine Recreational Facilities - Scan New England Wiki

Hello. I am heading up to Sunday River for a ski trip, what should I listen to when I go up.

Mountain Ops (461.400 D245 FB2) and Condo/Hotel Ops (462.100 D245 FB2) are still accurate and active this year. I can't verify the channel numbers, as this was based on information from many years ago (probably about 20 years ago). Snowmaking (463.300 D245 FB2) was active until last year, but I don't think I've heard it this year. I also can't verify what's being used for mobile / simplex comms, as I'm just too far away.

kjl13, curious to see what you were able to confirm.