Suspect steals taxi then shoots at officers then police chase in Rockford

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Rockford Chase

Good coverage. AND can you imagine if someone who couldn't hear this due to Encryption wandered into the scene and got blasted or got police injured? The censorship Police Chief is a joke. THIS is just the kind of thing we have a right to know about when it happens, NOT when freak-me WTVO finally gets the (edited) details much later.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Yep, heard this as Well on County tac 1. :). It'll be a sad day (again) when winnebago Sd goes encrypted... 73, n9zas

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Suspect* looks like a genius

I saw the picture of the suspect on WIFR's website today. Looks like a fine, upstanding citizen. I would wager he wouldn't know how to operate a police scanner OR a phone app

SCPD

QRT
Out of curiosity did the cab have any other form of communication device other then a radio or radio with frequencies capable of monitoring LE?

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Out of curiosity did the cab have any other form of communication device other then a radio or radio with frequencies capable of monitoring LE?

Out of curiosity, did you think he would be listening to LE on a radio set up for taxi use?

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Most likely NOT. It was a cab. And he didn't have time to "monitor" ****. He was busy trying to run over the Poe-leece. He should have stopped to pick up fares, would probably be the closest thing to work he's ever done. UPDATE:

I take it all back... his last name was "Smart" he's is a genius

Last edited by a moderator:

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
I agree with you 110%!

Sad to say, but this is also going encrypted soon also. So ALL the PD in Winnebago County will be encrypted and nothing will be heard. And then innocent people will be out of the loop and like you said, probably get injured :(

An informed community is a safe community

Good coverage. AND can you imagine if someone who couldn't hear this due to Encryption wandered into the scene and got blasted or got police injured? The censorship Police Chief is a joke. THIS is just the kind of thing we have a right to know about when it happens, NOT when freak-me WTVO finally gets the (edited) details much later.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Just for info...Rockford Scanner tried to throw 61 cookies on my computer.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Rockford Chase

Greggk- All sites throw cookies and 3rd party cookies when you visit. YOU can block them with Ublock Original or any of the other ad blockers. Not only that, you can eliminate seeing any of that stuff in your email backgrounds if you combine that with an OpenDNS free account where you block categories of web spam and worse. Also I use MVPS Host files which have been promoted for years to block 3rd party garbage and malicious fun. I never see ads and 3rd party cookies can be blocked in your browser settings too. So, his website isn't "perpetrating" anything unusual and visitors have many options like Privacy Badger, Ublock, Adblock plus and other free stuff. They can even make an allowance for sites they like and allow ads, which I do for some sites.

Last edited by a moderator:

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Greggk- All sites throw cookies and 3rd party cookies when you visit. YOU can block them with Ublock Original or any of the other ad blockers. Not only that, you can eliminate seeing any of that stuff in your email backgrounds if you combine that with an OpenDNS free account where you block categories of web spam and worse. Also I use MVPS Host files which have been promoted for years to block 3rd party garbage and malicious fun. I never see ads and 3rd party cookies can be blocked in your browser settings too. So, his website isn't "perpetrating" anything unusual and visitors have many options like Privacy Badger, Ublock, Adblock plus and other free stuff. They can even make an allowance for sites they like and allow ads, which I do for some sites.

Thanks for the info. I use a program within FireFox that gives me a count. Most sites try to put in a few, but 61 was really excessive, especially if they are tracker cookies. I don't suspect any bad intentions, but I try to keep myself as anonymous as possible...not easy tho.

SCPD

QRT
Out of curiosity, did you think he would be listening to LE on a radio set up for taxi use?

Only reason I ask is I have seen allot of cabs in some cities with scanners to radios capable of monitoring LE in a scan list or seperate radio in the vehicle.

SCPD

QRT
Most likely NOT. It was a cab. And he didn't have time to "monitor" ****. He was busy trying to run over the Poe-leece. He should have stopped to pick up fares, would probably be the closest thing to work he's ever done. UPDATE:

I take it all back... his last name was "Smart" he's is a genius

Like I mentioned above only asked as I have seen cabs with scanner or radio with LE in a scan list or seperate radio some cabbies I have seen like to monitor. But your probably right closest thing to a job he had and couldn't even slack off properly before creating havoc.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Only reason I ask is I have seen allot of cabs in some cities with scanners to radios capable of monitoring LE in a scan list or seperate radio in the vehicle.
Many taxi companies used to employ scanners at their dispatch back in the day, to learn if competing cabs would scab their calls. (Stealing fares) but I've never seen scanners in the cabs. There's enough to deal with, finding the address of a fare, or juggling multiple fares while trying to get to people on time. I used to drive a taxi some years back. Cops were the least of their worries. 73, n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.