• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

SW Fire Gove city

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8RMH

Premium Subscriber
Grove City, Ohio (A Bearcat not a Buckeye)
I live in Grove City and monitor them daily. The Columbus Site is the best site, and it has the greatest range. I have never 'not heard' their traffic on the Columbus Site. (and this is in a 2+ mile radius).

I have listened to them on the Discovery Site but it's range is limited, even in Grove City (I'm just a couple miles away). There have been times while in Grove City where I heard them on the Columbus Site on my G4 just fine as always, yet simultaneously on my scanner which was locked on the Discovery Site they were garbled or non-existent. I have never heard them on a county site.

Last edited:

baj76

Premium Subscriber
I live in South Columbus and the discovery site seems to come in loud and clear with Grove City police and fire

baj76

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for the dumb question...But if I put in both Discovery and Franklin County sites, Will that cause a conflict with my pro 197 scanner?

baj76

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply, I think I'll just use the Discovery site, it seemed to work well in my scanner today, thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.