• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

System Scan ProScan

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDR-94

I have System Scan (SYS SC) mapped to a side button on the 700Pi KRD and the radio goes through the motions... emits the button press beep and indicates on the display SYS SC OFF/ON however, the radio will still roam whether it's toggled on or off.

With the P7100/5100, P7200, and 700P/Pi RU toggling System Scan OFF locks the radio to the current site and prevents the radio from roaming when using Proscan on EDACS.

With the 700Pi KRD it doesn't seem to matter whether SYS SC is off or on,it will still roam regardless.

Is the EDACS/P25 Priority System Scan feature the Priority System function of ProScan?

I ask because EDACS/P25 Priority System Scan (05) isn't enabled in this radio,but it does have EDACS/P25 ProScan (ProSound / Wide Area Scan) (06) enabled and the radio will correctly lock onto the system set as the System Scan Priority System under the System Set-up tab.

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening
System Scan disable (SYSSC, et al.) allows the user to turn site scanning OFF from the keypad.
This function is only usually loaded into System Technician radios for diagnostic and testing of individual radio sites. And is never loaded into a standard system user's radio. This control disables and inhibits the normal site scanning.

An example of this would be all the [normal] user radios are programmed for site scanning (Wide Area Scan, Fixed ProScan, Dynamic ProScan or Enhanced CC Scanning). But, the Tech after doing work on the site wants to check site coverage. He/She turns-off System Scanning in their radio, and proceeded to drive until there is a complete loss of signal (CC Scan). By knowing the 'normal' footprint of a site, and were the usual coverage ended, the Tech can determine if the site is transmitting at optimal performance.

For the SYSTEM SCAN disable button to function correctly, the radio must be programmed with the correct adjacency information. (Other sites programmed into the scan sites table.)

Support for this function introduced in the LPE-50/200 series radios, and is present in all later radios with the possible exception of the Unity mobile & portable.

TDR-94

I have the correct adjacency information for the other sites and those systems are in the 'systems to be scanned' list.System Scan toggled to OFF doesn't stop the 700P KRD version radio from roaming to another site. The radio is being programmed with ProGrammer R18B. Maybe it's a bug with that version of ProGrammer. My other radios are programmed via RPM and SYS SC toggles off and on with no problem on those radios.

The Unity has a similiar function to the SYS SC on/off function. I believe it's called 'Site Roaming' Enable/Disable

Last edited:

TDR-94

Sorry for the late response. 04,06,07,12,23,29
It's a pretty standard feature set for these KRD versions of the 700P/Pi.

TDR-94

I also thought that it was odd that Priority System Scan is not enabled and that the radio still seems to roam to the Priority System,if I populate that box with a system, anyway.

I could email you the personality file if you like?

TDR-94

The 700P/Pi KRD versions were only supported by ProGrammer. I've been using ProGrammer R18B02 to program these.

I'll send you the personality file.

Status
Not open for further replies.