system type

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdpepc

i have loaded the THP freq and now i need help finding the system type......not sure if it is pro 25 0r what can you tell me where to find that info? ty

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
The 800 MHz freqs are for data for the MDT. No THP freq are digital as of yet. As mentioned elsewhere they often have a county radio for the county they patrol which in some cases is digital and may or may not be trunked. Long term plan, as budget allows, is to build out the TVRS statewide. Then I expect all agencies will convert over but I have nothing to base that on.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
The 800 MHz freqs are for data for the MDT. No THP freq are digital as of yet. As mentioned elsewhere they often have a county radio for the county they patrol which in some cases is digital and may or may not be trunked. Long term plan, as budget allows, is to build out the TVRS statewide. Then I expect all agencies will convert over but I have nothing to base that on.

I have also heard that the THP will gradually swith over to the TVRS, as the system is built out, but who knows when that will be. I was told that SOME of the THP cars in the Chattanooga District, #2, already have these radios installed, but unsure whether they are being used by the troopers at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.