TACN CNV and PII ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seymourmtn

Premium Subscriber
Happy New Year everyone!

Ok, I admit that I am new to this.
I loaded TACN into my BCD996XT.

There were some other freqs that I copied and loaded into the clipboard, via Proscan.
Some of the frequencies are duplicates of each other.
However, I hear some only on the CNV system not the Phase II

I live outrside of Knoxville and an example is 771.1437 and 771.9937. They don't receive through Phase II
They are located at Greentop Mountain

Am I missing something?

Thanks
Doug

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Your scanner will NOT do P25 Phase II TDMA. Only the GRE PSR-800, and the two new Unidens hitting over the next 3 months are confirmed to be able to do P-25 Phase II. You can still monitor P25 Phase I. Make sure that all TACN freqs are set correctly when you program them.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
They should all be set to trunked P25 in the same object.

I am assuming that CNV means the conventional?
If so, NO TACN frequencies should be set conventional, barring the 2 THP mobile repeaters, and they are listed in a completely different section than the TRS. TACN is an trunked system.

All the other 700 MHz Conventional, as well as ANY other conventional systems should be in their own objects.

For more info on properly setting things up in the BCD996XT, check out the very simple easy to use articles in the wiki. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
P25 standard would be correct as far as I know. Never heard of a single freq p25 trs... But as I siad earlier, check the wiki for the really simple guides to programming a system like the TACN in your BCD996XT.

rkm1215

Premium Subscriber
I don't own a radio capable of it, but basically P25 One Frequency allows you to monitor a conventional P25 frequency and obtain Radio ID like you could on a trunk system, but I think it's Uniden specific and only on the XT and HP models.

TACN is P25 Standard.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
I don't own a radio capable of it, but basically P25 One Frequency allows you to monitor a conventional P25 frequency and obtain Radio ID like you could on a trunk system, but I think it's Uniden specific and only on the XT and HP models.

TACN is P25 Standard.

I can monitor P25 conventional frequencies and get the radio IDs with my PSR 800. Just got to know how to configure it to show IDs. So it's not Uniden specific.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Leaving the NAC blank on a P25 conventional on GRE scanners is kinda also saying to the scanner,... "Hey I need you to do a NAC search for me." If your watching that freq when a transmission occurs, the NAC should display, and you then have to set it in. Not sure if there is an option in the 800's programming software to do an "auto store" of NAC's PL's and DPL's.... The "P25 One Frequency" feature is an Uniden Specific Feature, found ONLY on their models. There may be a similar feature on the GRE's PRO-18, or PSR-800, but not on the PRO-106/PSR-500 ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
Leaving the NAC blank on a P25 conventional on GRE scanners is kinda also saying to the scanner,... "Hey I need you to do a NAC search for me." If your watching that freq when a transmission occurs, the NAC should display, and you then have to set it in. Not sure if there is an option in the 800's programming software to do an "auto store" of NAC's PL's and DPL's....

There is not an auto store feature (at least I haven't found it yet) but the NAC search works well as long as you're watching when it when it comes across.

Status
Not open for further replies.