• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Tacoma Radio Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDOXF

Feed Provider
After last weekends successful antenna install, this evening was set aside to get the remote mount NX-700 installed. Decided to put the radio behind the rear drivers side seat so needed to get power, the remote cable and an external speaker wire routed back to there which Toyota made rather easy using the cable way starting under the drivers side kick panel and under the center pillar and sill plates. Only difficulty was getting the remote cable into the center console cubby. Pulling the center console it looked like the easiest route was out the side to avoid more dash disassembly so that's the path I used. Also visible in the photo is the external speaker I put in the compartment to the right of the steering wheel. FWIW, the Kenwood head mount was a little low for me and took up more space then I preferred so the head is mounted with 3M Super Lok. Quite firm so far but have to see how the adhesive holds on a hot summer day.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 619

madrabbitt

Feed Provider
You said in the antenna thread that its mostly to monitor the RR band.

All recieve? Or does a mic get plugged in to transmit as well?

Also, high temp super lock works well horizontally, but i've had issues with it sticking vertically with weight on it, in higher temps. I would consider a simple L bracket behind it (you can probably do super lock on it as well) to stabilize it.

KDOXF

Feed Provider
No mic, RX only for rail and a little weathernet now and then. Superlok held tight this week in some pretty good Ohio heat. The OEM Kenwood head bracket eats up some valuable space and turned the space below head into a nice snare trap for my hand. If the Superlok fails I'll have to modify the original bracket some but shouldn't be too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.