Tacoma WA PD change ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc1028

TPD changed their radio’s. Tac 1 and 2 and records can no longer be heard. Anyone know what they have done? Is it digital now? If so what kind?
Thanks

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
I know they had an application to add a new tower site to their TRS that included some new frequencies under their recently issued WQFA781 license:

73's

Ron

kc1028

Thanks. I programmed these into a scanner, am letting it run them for a while. So far nothing is coming in on any of them. Will let it run for a while see if anything pops up.

im800mhz

kc1028 said:
TPD changed their radio’s. Tac 1 and 2 and records can no longer be heard. Anyone know what they have done? Is it digital now? If so what kind?
Thanks

Last I heard, those talkgroups were going P25 Encrypted.

kc1028

I have been trying to figure out what they did for a while now. I have searched all over without much luck. I did notice this was also being discussed on Usenet with the same results, no one really knows. The Officers seem to at least think that Tac 1 and 2 can still be heard. This may be just that they still do not understand how their own radios work. I thought they may have gone Apco 25 since the RR site shows they are supposed to have it. I would not mind buying a new toy, but looking at the digital scanners, I sure would not want to buy one, then find out it would not do anything more than the one I have. Hopefully someone who listens here and has a Pro-96 or such will read this and can tell me for sure. <G>

does that mean if you have a digital scanner you can listen to it.
when they say go to tac 1 or 2

I do a search and the talkgroup comes up and it sounds like buzzing and static.

What is that? is that digital or is it encrypted where you cant hear it even with a digial scanner
thanks,
Louie

im800mhz

im800mhz said:
Last I heard, those talkgroups were going P25 Encrypted.

Confirmed today, all digital talkgroups are encrypted. Save your money.

kc1028

Thanks. I had found myself looking at digital scanners on the net often lately thinking wow that looks fun. Men and boys and the price of their toys thing. <VBG>. Glad I did not buy one if it would do nothing more than the one I have. From listening to the PD here the officers and even the dispatchers are still under the impression that they can be heard on the Tac-1 and 2. I guess the learning curve must not have caught up with them yet. Kind of scary that the people protecting us are that “slow”, I always thought the PD had higher standards than that. Guess it’s the old “it‘s hard to find good help” in action. <G>. Anyway thanks, hope they at least keep the dispatch on a frequency that can be heard for a while. It is great to be able to listen to at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.