TAFL - protected frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveH

It is the frequencies in TAFL blocked to us that are the most challenge, which some people
are up to tracking down. RR DB still lags TAFL (for all its shortcomings) on a number of fronts,
and TAFL continues to useful in piecing things together.

Dave

Actually 451.475 was not blocked, but the user info (TG, enc etc.) would not have been available anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
No...it is the frequencies in TAFL blocked to us that are the most challenge, which some people

are up to tracking down. RR DB still lags TAFL (for all its shortcomings) on a number of fronts,

and TAFL continues to useful in piecing things together.

Dave

Actually 451.475 was not blocked, but the user info (TG, enc etc.) would not have been available anyway.

The ‘blocked’ frequencies have what is known as ‘protected’ status. While not common, sometimes the licensee forgets to tick the box and they become visible in TAFL.

The Radio Reference database will ALWAYS ‘lag’ behind TAFL, simply because the RR database is user driven. If a user does not submit frequencies they will never appear.

ISED does not care about talk groups, PL/DPL, CC, Slots, RAN, NAC or encryption. None of those form part of the license, and are totally the decision of the license holder and as such will never be a part of TAFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveH

The ‘blocked’ frequencies have what is known as ‘protected’ status. While not common, sometimes the licensee forgets to tick the box and they become visible in TAFL.

The Radio Reference database will ALWAYS ‘lag’ behind TAFL, simply because the RR database is user driven. If a user does not submit frequencies they will never appear.

ISED does not care about talk groups, PL/DPL, CC, Slots, RAN, NAC or encryption. None of those form part of the license, and are totally the decision of the license holder and as such will never be a part of TAFL.

So the licensee gets to decide whether it is blocked or not...interesting. You'd think ISED has some sort of directive as to who must be "protected".

As to PL/DPL, TG, CC, RAN etc. agreed, licensee takes care of that but I believe each is required to co-ordinate with other users of shared frequencies to prevent/resolve interference.

Dave

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
So the licensee gets to decide whether it is blocked or not...interesting. You'd think ISED has some sort of directive as to who must be "protected".

As to PL/DPL, TG, CC, RAN etc. agreed, licensee takes care of that but I believe each is required to co-ordinate with other users of shared frequencies to prevent/resolve interference.

Dave

AFIAK, only certain organizations are eligible to have protected status.

As for coordinating PL ect, first come first serve.

Status
Not open for further replies.