Talk about Cell Phones...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ve3opc

I got a couple of old Telus talk about service expired radios that work off service as two ways...Anyone know what frequencies these radios use...?....and they are digital what mode would they be in ?

nd5y

They might be the same as NEXTEL phones in the US. If that is the case they worked in the 902-928 MHz band using FHSS.
If there is a FCC ID on the phone you can look that up and maybe find lots more information.
I don't know if you can look up IC certifications.

NC1

I got a couple of old Telus talk about service expired radios that work off service as two ways...Anyone know what frequencies these radios use...?....and they are digital what mode would they be in ?

It would help if you posted a picture of them, along with one of the label under the battery.

I can't even look them up with the information you gave. I get 100,000 hits and cannot narrow it down from there without getting more specific.

Kinlau

The old Telus units are the 'Mike' units which use the same network as Nextel, and are most likely made by Motorola.

mmisk

Telus IDEN

It is Telus IDEN

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IDEN

I believe those radios can be used for direct communications between units, this would be offline of the IDEN network. Being 800 MHZ the range would be very poor, but it would certainly give you secure comms. for a short distance.

The info on how to use them this way is in the owners manual.

Mike

Kinlau

The 'Talk About' feature runs in the 900Mhz range as nd5y above mentioned. I managed almost 2k without line of sight in Algonquin Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.