Talk Group 2356

Status
Not open for further replies.

wesm1957

Premium Subscriber
I have been hearing TG 2356 (Monroe City Dispatch) tonight here in Grand Rpaids. I have two banks in my PRO96 on open mode with the V-scanner set up for Michigan from the factory. Last night I was hearing Kalamazoo PD. I am thinking it is a good night for skip. Makes me wish I could have my antenna mounted on the top of my apartment building!

Mike7883d

I don't think that there is much skip with MPSCS. More than likely a radio on the system in your area was set to monitor monroe, so it would be broadcasting off your local tower.

I've heard an upper Michigan County sheriff TG from here in SE Michigan before loud and clear for the same reason.

seamusg

wesm1957 said:
I have been hearing TG 2356 (Monroe City Dispatch) tonight here in Grand Rpaids. I have two banks in my PRO96 on open mode with the V-scanner set up for Michigan from the factory. Last night I was hearing Kalamazoo PD. I am thinking it is a good night for skip. Makes me wish I could have my antenna mounted on the top of my apartment building!
Did you verify what tower you were getting? Also the factory Vfolder for the PRO96 has many errors.

Last edited:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
You were not getting the Monroe tower from GRR - just had someone from Monroe City PD in your area. Skip is not an issue with MPSCS.

wesm1957

Premium Subscriber
rdale said:
You were not getting the Monroe tower from GRR - just had someone from Monroe City PD in your area. Skip is not an issue with MPSCS.

You mean it is not possible for 800MHZ to skip?

Joseph11

Skip only affects low band. Tropospheric ducting, however, affects 800 MHz as well as UHF and high band.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Odds of skip or tropo affecting all frequencies of a trunked system at the same time, with enough power to overload the local tower you're already receiveing, are nil.

seamusg

The last time we got into this discussion it was getting Downriver TG's in the UP, and when the person finally ran PRO96COM, it showed radio's from the Downriver area at the Prison in the UP.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
wesm1957 said:

I get that talkgroup on towers 307 and 325, neither of which are in Monroe Co.

seamusg

DaveIN said:
I get that talkgroup on towers 307 and 325, neither of which are in Monroe Co.
That's just showing the system is working. If a radio is out of it's area, it will still get it's home TG or what ever TG it's tuned to, on the nearest tower. That's just an extra bonus for scanners.
icon6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.