Talk group question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowdyrabbit

I need some help understanding the talkgroups listed on the Faulkner County database. I understand talkgroups as they pertain to DMR for ham use. Are they different for public service, or am I just not looking in the right spot to find the information?

As an example, Faulkner Co Southeast fire dispatch is listed as frequency 153.02000, CC 1, TG10, SL 1. I understand the frequency (at least I think I do), and the CC and time slot. But, I'm not sure about the talkgroup. Is it 10? If so, would you put it into a codeplug the same as you would put 3105 in for the Arkansas talkgroup on Brandmeister?

I put the Rx frequency into the codeplug just as I would for a ham repeater. I selected Rx only, so there was no need for a Tx frequency or offset. I selected 1 for both CC and slot. But, now I'm not sure what talkgroup to add for this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Yes, TG10 is talkgroup 10. I am not in that area so just going by the db but it does look like someone has submitted all of the detailed info so I would assume it is accurate.

Where it says TGxx where xx is a number, that number is the talkgroup.

Rowdyrabbit

I'll keep listening and see what I hear. I've had it going most of the afternoon and some this evening, and have not heard a peep. I figured the talkgroup number would be a little longer, but I know public service is much different than ham. Does it make sense that almost all of the frequencies listed for the county show TG10? In my mind it seems that every one should have a different TG. But, the more I mess with DMR, the more I realize things don't always make sense.

Rowdyrabbit

i can't help much ...but if you look under tag most are deprecated (not in use).

I see that now. I've got a couple of others programmed in that I'm not hearing anything on either. I'll keep researching and see what I can come up with. Thanks for pointing that out, though, I overlooked it somehow.

Rowdyrabbit

Yes, TG10 is talkgroup 10. I am not in that area so just going by the db but it does look like someone has submitted all of the detailed info so I would assume it is accurate.

Where it says TGxx where xx is a number, that number is the talkgroup.

I see where I can pay for a premium membership to get the AWIN frequencies. Most of what I would like to hear seems to be on there. Would it give me the information I need if I upgrade my membership, or is more of the old, no longer used frequencies?

weather4ar

Why are you trying to monitor the talkgroup on 153.020? There really is no need to. The Faulkner County Fire Repeater frequencies are used for paging and dispatching. They are active analog narrow band fm transmissions. They rarely if ever use digital encryption or talk groups..and that is what is listed as deprecated, not the frequencies. I live in the county, and I know! Just enter the base frequency and scan them conventionally. As fire dispatching is usually used on an as needed basis, the tone outs and responses are intermittent by nature and usually for emergency situations. By the way, if you'll just click on the AWIN links for each county in the database, it lists all the active AWIN site tower frequencies in the state, including the control and alternate control channels. Also, if you pan down on the AWIN channels page, it will show the active known tgs by county, for free. You will also see links to the FCC ULS site which you can also use for free. It's the official source provided by the FCC. It's what I use to confirm frequencies and emissions type.

Last edited:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Now to DOWNLOAD our DB to your scanner programming software you will need to get an premium subscription.

Status
Not open for further replies.