• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Talk Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

wncrescue

Premium Subscriber
I am in the vicinity of a brandmeister network. Is there a way to change talkgroups in the radio without having to pre program each channel to a separate talkgroup? I see how to select the contacts in the menu setting, but does that only show me what is programmed in the contacts list? I hope someone understands what I am trying to ask. Thanks, John W4JJO

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
wncrescue -

I don't own a Hytera radio, but since no one has responded to your question as yet, I'll just offer a comment... As you know, the Hytera is marketed primarily as a commercial radio. In my experience, most commercial radios do not allow FPP (front panel programming) capability, so it would be my guess that adding a talkgroup from the keypad would not be possible.

- John AC4JK

wncrescue

Premium Subscriber
Thank you Chief21 for responding. Your right that this radio does not allow for FPP. I do have all the talkgroups programmed in the radio. In the menu there is a setting for contacts, that allows to select the different contacts that are already programmed. I was hoping that there was a way to select a talkgroup and pair it with a channel that is already programmed. But as you stated most commercial users would never have a need for this sort of flexibility. Either way the PD 782 is still a great radio. Hope all is well with you. W4JJO

The PD782 is front panel programmable and can change TX talk groups.
FPP is enabled on the conventional / general setting / menu screen.

Once that's done use the front panel menu button to select programming / channel / TX contact name.
I just did this between my PD782 and 682.

I just noticed that even though TX contact is item 4 on the menu I can't press the 4 key and select it, I have to use the cursor to get to it.

wncrescue

Premium Subscriber
ok, not sure what I did, but somehow I bricked the radio. It won't power on to even let me change back to original programming. Anyone able to help with how to do a hard reset? Thanks,

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Hytera

Your best bet is to find a Hytera dealer. The radio is a professional model and on the level of the Motorola radios, not the inexpensive Tytera, GD-77 etc. The FPP is normally disabled in use outside of ham radio to keep users from making changes that may cause failure.

wncrescue

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Jay, I might have found a solution, I'll know more tomorrow. I do appreciate your time.

wncrescue

Premium Subscriber
so Jay, I took it out of the charger today and it is working fine. The only other thing I can think of that possibly caused the radio to lock up was that at the same time I tried to program 463.8375 into an analog zone. When I programmed it into the receive side a pop-up appeared that stated out of band. Then I programmed it into the transmit side and "it took". or so I thought. When later after I started having problems I was able to power it up long enough to write to radio the previous program version. So I will have to see whats up with that. Thanks for your reply last night. Today without the 463 frequency it worked ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.