Tapatalk support has been disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone,

Recently when I looked at Tapatalk on my iPhone 7, I noticed that it was logged in with my old username for this forum so I logged out. I forgot my password and have not been able to get in. I have since reset my password directly through the radioreference webpage. I am also noticing that there does not seem to be a way to log in to radioreference anymore through Tapatalk. Did radioreference change their platform?

I’m also noticing that when before it would suggest opening a forum in Tapatalk, now it does not do that. I’m running safari on iPhone 7. If i don’t need Tapatalk, I won’t use it but what happens to notifications that is used to get for forums? Thanks for any advice.

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
Okay got it working on iOS. Tapatalk network and/or Verizon must have been having a problem today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Citation Needed....

Sure, man. Have a look. Tapatalk : Security vulnerabilities

I use phpBB and many members at the phpBB support forum have talked about the vulnerabilities surrounding Tapatalk.

I think with XenForo it is in large part mobile friendly, though I don't know about its tap spots and what not. If XenForo by its self is in fact mobile friendly then Tapatalk is really not needed.

I personally won't install it based on what I read, and phpBB by its self is in large part mobile friendly. I have looked at my site with my phone and it really is. Though it does have some small tap spots, but it isn't too bad. A good 90% of the users on another forum I run all use a mobile device and I haven't gotten any complaints even with not having Tapatalk installed.

So, yeah, just my 2 cents worth at least. It is your website. Don't mean to tell you what to do. Be honest with you, I've been a member here since circa 2004 and I get a kick out of seeing the news mention Broadcastify all the time when they play scanner audio. My how times have changed from Trunkedradio.net to now. I feel old. LOL

Another thing you might want to look into is Shodan and this website's IP address. I think most of your CVEs are because you don't use the latest OpenSSH. I have a habit of telling sites that I enjoy visiting about their CVEs and they do fix them. One site was Gixen. I told the owner, Mario about his CVEs and he did in fact fix them and told me he may sign up for their service to alert him on any future CVEs.

Anyways, I'm not an IT guy or anything, but I'm fairly well rounded with computers and what not. I image you are too. I thought you had an IBM forum or something I saw many moons ago.

PS. I got a chuckle at how you added N_Jay to his own group or whatever it was in vbulletin so that it said "not posting." LOL

PPS. Here's one discussion about it. phpBB • Tapatalk security issue

Last edited:

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sure, man. Have a look. Tapatalk : Security vulnerabilities

Another thing you might want to look into is Shodan and this website's IP address. I think most of your CVEs are because you don't use the latest OpenSSH. I have a habit of telling sites that I enjoy visiting about their CVEs and they do fix them. One site was Gixen. I told the owner, Mario about his CVEs and he did in fact fix them and told me he may sign up for their service to alert him on any future CVEs.

Couple things here... first, uh, never mind. Hehehe...

You should become a security consultant. You've got things already figured out... hehehe... :)

K7MFC

WRAA720
I have never used Tapatalk, but it seems like a solution for a problem that no longer exists on RadioRefence. The mobile experince is now super smooth with the upgrade to Xenforo. If anything it sounds like Tapatalk could now introduce more problems than it solves..

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Yup, it's borked.

I've actually stopped using it for RadioReference since the mobile version of the forums is decent.

I've let Lindsay know. Chances are the update to Xenforo 2.1 broke it.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm about "this close" to disabling tapatalk - it seems to generate more *****ing and whining than it helps with, and with the mobile responsiveness of this forums I'm beginning to see less and less of the value it provides.

Especially since they've become much more aggressive in trying to force mobile users to use it. And after they pay to download the app, they don't share any of the revenue with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.