• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Tariffs & Price Increases on Scanners!

iMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
Tariffs & Price Increases on Scanners?

Has anyone noticed the prices on scanner radios creeping up? :confused: If you're in the market better buy quick, some sites didn't get the memo!

Last edited:

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Do you have any sources, any links in specific, talking about this price increase? I haven't heard anything about it.
Has anyone noticed the prices on scanner radios creeping up? :confused: If you're in the market better buy quick, some sites didn't get the memo!
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

denrodg

Doesn't play well with others
Banned
I don't see any price increase at all, in fact some of the scanners at Universal Radio are lower than they were a few years ago, and the sds 100 is the same.

$$$$$$$

Actually, no. I'm happy with what I have and, unless I win the lottery, I probably won't be buying a new vehicle anytime soon. But, I don't doubt that the prices are rising.
They are... Look at GM they are killing off the Impala. They don't want to pay up on the tariffs. SOON these car lots will have leftover inventory and will have some insentibs for you to come in to buy one cause they gotta move that inventory for the next year models. :) :D :p

Glad I bought my scanner back in 2016.