Tariffs & Price Increases on Scanners!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Tariffs & Price Increases on Scanners?

Has anyone noticed the prices on scanner radios creeping up? :confused: If you're in the market better buy quick, some sites didn't get the memo!

Last edited:

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Do you have any sources, any links in specific, talking about this price increase? I haven't heard anything about it.
Has anyone noticed the prices on scanner radios creeping up? :confused: If you're in the market better buy quick, some sites didn't get the memo!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

denrodg

Doesn't play well with others
Banned
I don't see any price increase at all, in fact some of the scanners at Universal Radio are lower than they were a few years ago, and the sds 100 is the same.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Uniden scanners are made in Viet Nam. I don't believe they're subject to the same tariffs you're reading about in the latest news.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I don't see any price increase at all, in fact some of the scanners at Universal Radio are lower than they were a few years ago, and the sds 100 is the same.

How about since last month? I think they all increased as I can tell.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
That could be. Have you looked at car prices in recent months?

Actually, no. I'm happy with what I have and, unless I win the lottery, I probably won't be buying a new vehicle anytime soon. But, I don't doubt that the prices are rising.

$$$$$$$

Actually, no. I'm happy with what I have and, unless I win the lottery, I probably won't be buying a new vehicle anytime soon. But, I don't doubt that the prices are rising.

They are... Look at GM they are killing off the Impala. They don't want to pay up on the tariffs. SOON these car lots will have leftover inventory and will have some insentibs for you to come in to buy one cause they gotta move that inventory for the next year models. :) :D :p

Glad I bought my scanner back in 2016.
[emoji23]

riverrat373

Chevy is probably "killing off" the Impala because very few people are buying sedans anymore. Suv's, crossover's and trucks are leading the automobile market in sales.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I think perhaps the higher costs are due to both the economy and tariffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.