• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Technical Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

timjude

Premium Subscriber
My pioneer cd player in my truck blew the mosfet output ic..Question,If i buy me an amplifier will the stereo have output Thru the rca jack's in the back of the stereo so i can use it again..Or am i SOL?...Just checking..Before i buy another cd player.

John_M

Very much doubt it Tim. IC needs to be replaced if that is indeed the culprit. There should be an input signal to that IC. You may be able to route that to the output but the signal would be very low. Replace IC or buy new CD player.

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
John_M said:
You may also want to take it to a stereo shop and see how much they want to fix it.
Good suggestion John , but as cheap as you can get something new - might as well.

trimmerj

If you have already determined which component has failed , would be much cheaper to repace the chip than the unit.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Since you blew the output module it might be a good idea to figure out HOW you blew it before you blow another one. If I may make a suggestion, when you drive it into distortion do you think you might be overheating it? Maybe you should turn it down and save the module AND your ears?

Oh never mind, buy the biggest, baddest kicker and sub woofers you can find and give the spot welds and body joints the vibration test. I suggest you do it while stationary, if you turn into a puddle of goo it doesn't matter but if your truck falls apart on the road you'll endanger other drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.