Recently purchased and generally pleased with the radio
SSB w/ the BFO knob - OK, depends on band, time of day, & crowd
AM good
FM good
SW Night time - OK
Day time - Not so OK
To be fair, I am only using the antenna (s) provided

The instructions are a bit vague, to me at least

One minor question for anyone who has one?

The radio recharges my eneloop batteries, if you program that option, easy, I get that part
I am guessing the charge is low as the included batteries are 1000 mAh
My question is does the charger stop when batteries are fully charged , or continue to trickle charge?

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
LC, I would as a precaution turn the charging system off once they are fully charged. The directions are vague, see page 20, I have a feeling it will still charge once the battery have been fully charged.

LCRay

LC, I would as a precaution turn the charging system off once they are fully charged. The directions are vague, see page 20, I have a feeling it will still charge once the battery have been fully charged.

Thanks, I have done that, as I want the batteries to stop charging, including a trickle charge

And I only run radio on battery power

Talk about vague, note on the top of page 21 referencing "regular" ( assume alkaline) batteries is really mysterious

Ray

SCPD

QRT
LC, if you are using rechargeable batteries instead of "regular" batteries make sure that you set the charge system to "NI-MH battery, bottom page 20, if not you will get a false reading on the battery consumption indicator, been there, done that. Other than that for a portable radio it does quite well.

LCRay

LC, if you are using rechargeable batteries instead of "regular" batteries make sure that you set the charge system to "NI-MH battery, bottom page 20, if not you will get a false reading on the battery consumption indicator, been there, done that. Other than that for a portable radio it does quite well.

Good tip, thanks
I was wondering why the Ni-MH batteries were showing FULL for the past week

Status
Not open for further replies.