• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Tecsun PL-606 erratic behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PL-606 is an excellent, SMALL MW and FM receiver. I have traveled the world and cruised across oceans with it. It's small size and tremendous performance are second to none...BUT...after a few years of heavy use, BOTH the volume and tuning controls have become extremely unstable and erratic.

Does anyone have experience in fixing these issues or is this just another case where I throw it away and buy another?

The PL-606 is an excellent, SMALL MW and FM receiver. I have traveled the world and cruised across oceans with it. It's small size and tremendous performance are second to none...BUT...after a few years of heavy use, BOTH the volume and tuning controls have become extremely unstable and erratic.

Does anyone have experience in fixing these issues or is this just another case where I throw it away and buy another?
No experience with Tecsuns, but have you considered a shot of Deoxit (or tuner cleaner) into the controls?

Toss it and get a Pl-310et

I believe those controls are optical encoders. Radio not worth repairing. Get PL-310et to replace it. It's just a bit larger but much better to use. Amazon has them for $38.80. I have both the 606 and 310et.

Status
Not open for further replies.