• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Telephone to FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvining

I am looking for a device (homemade, commercial, whatever) that will, when a phone rings, answer the phone, Key up the radio, broadcast whatever comes across the phone over the radio, and after 3 seconds of silence hang up the phone line.

Target radio is a Motorola Astro VHF radio.

Use is this:
Mass notification and warning. I have a priority net on all my radios and whenever I send a message via mass notification and warning system (Text to speech) I want to call an extension that will send the message over the priority net.
When the Smelly matter hits the oscillator, I have to make phone calls, MNWS announcements, etc. Automating this as much as possible will be required- and the radio is the weak link at this point, but I'm sure someone has this out there.

TV

lbfd09

Premium Subscriber
I would be very careful about this. I know many services within the spectrum require a "control operator" of some kind. To have the phone answer automatically is very dangerous as it will allow any called intended or accidental to be talking over your designated frequency. You or the licensee is responsible for those who talk on the frequency under your license.

If there is some way to prohibit or restrict the outside world from this number you might be alright.

nd5y

What you need is a phone patch.
They can probably be configured to answer the phone line in different ways such as after a certain number of rings or only connect to the radio after the phone user enters a DTMF code. I don't know about hanging up after a period of time with no audio. I have never heard anybody do that.

Here are some companies that make them:
Zetron - Mission-Critical Communication Systems
Telephone Interconnects - Phone Patch
Untitled Document

You didn't state what radio service you are using. It might not even be legal for you to use a phone patch.

Last edited:

mformby

Zetron

The Zetron Model 35A should do what you want to do. You will need a radio(s) with DTMF so you can maintain supervisory control to meet FCC requirements. It is fully programmable, and Zetron makes high quality equipment that will be trouble free for many years to come.

I am looking for a device (homemade, commercial, whatever) that will, when a phone rings, answer the phone, Key up the radio, broadcast whatever comes across the phone over the radio, and after 3 seconds of silence hang up the phone line.

Target radio is a Motorola Astro VHF radio.

Use is this:
Mass notification and warning. I have a priority net on all my radios and whenever I send a message via mass notification and warning system (Text to speech) I want to call an extension that will send the message over the priority net.
When the Smelly matter hits the oscillator, I have to make phone calls, MNWS announcements, etc. Automating this as much as possible will be required- and the radio is the weak link at this point, but I'm sure someone has this out there.

TV

mkewman

there are several devices in the broadcast arena that would serve this purpose.

here is one: Broadcast Tools DC8 Plus

Several Custom programmable relays (for Transmit, stop transmit functions for instance) and a phone hybrid (for providing announcement audio)

all of course available for use after you enter your custom (up to 8 digit) passcode.

Status
Not open for further replies.