Temp lockout question on 396xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAscannernut

I cannot seem to figure out why my temp L/O is not locking out channels that I am trying to lockout while the radio is on. I am not sure if I changed an option by accident. If I hit the L/O button that channel can come back on within a few seconds. Not sure why this is happening. If anyone has any troubleshooting tips I would appreciate it.

jcpd9720

it works fine on mine. Not to sound like a butt-head, but are you sure you only have the channel(s) in question programmed in once?

PAscannernut

figured it out

I figured out what is happening. I am new to the ARCXT software and the last 4 times that I added channels I actually uploaded duplicates of all of my systems. So now I have all of my systems X4 in my scanner so when I L/O a channel I had 3 more of the same channels in there. I guess I should use the option to delete and then upload the systems in ARCXT. I assumed it would copy over existing systems and not make copies. Thanks for the response.

jcpd9720

No problem. On arc software (I run pro, it may be different on the regular software) there is an option to either delete everything (clean slate and only having what you are currently installing), or delete what is in there that has the same name as what you are putting in. I recommend having everything you want to have in there open, and telling it to delete everything in the scanner when installing the selected systems. Then, when you want to make changes, choose the option to delete systems with the same name.

Status
Not open for further replies.