Tenn Highway Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOP2

I have a GRE500 that I'd like to use on my trip to Huntsville AL..I am leaving from Virginia and I have Va program in. I need to know the best tower sites alomg RT's 81, 75 and 24 for the Tn Highway Patrol. I have Knoxsville site program in just need some other sites along this route.
Thanks for your help in advance.
Mike
Please respond back with any info to Mchristie81@Gmail.com so get this on my Iphone txs

jfhtm350

You may be better off programing the TACN THP sites to Roam. That way it will pick the site on your CC list with the best signal and use it and you wont have to fool with it while driving down the road. That is if they will all fit in the list.

Coming down 81 you will want Sullivan Co, Washington Co, Greene Co, Hawkins Co. I-40 over to Knoxville you will want Sevier Co and Knox Co. I dont know exactly where the towers are after that.

You will also want to program in the conventional frequencies. Ive heard them still using them, just not very often.
Highway Patrol (THP) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Correct, you want to program in the Tennessee Advanced Communications Network P25 TRS as this is now the primary system in use by THP. Be aware that THP has begun using TDMA on some tg's, but not on the primary district TG's, and so far very rarely on the ops TG's. From what we have been informed, THP is also supposed to go encrypted, but as of now, still has not. Have fun, and do submit any new info you find on your trip.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
In the Knoxville District, the main dispatch TGID (listed as Dispatch in DB) is still Phase 1, unencrypted, as the others have said. From what I can tell the main dispatch TGID on District 5 and District 2 are also unencrypted, which would be the other 2 districts covering your travel area. . So it is in the clear. The other three in District 1 are encrypted and 2 of those (47001, 47003) I have confirmed as Phase II.

Also south of Knoxville (I-75) toward Chatt. I would recommend the following sites: Oral, Lenoir City, Madisonville, Oswald Dome, North Bradley and the ones in Hamilton. Those are the ones I have the best reception with when I am heading to Chattanooga. You may also try Marion County sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.