Terre Haute EDACS Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

usswood

Does anyone have any info on the Sheriff and/or State police able to monitor THPD EDACS system. If so how are they doing this, with portables or are they using there own radios with that system programmed in also. Reason I ask this, I hear traffic from STATE, not so much from county, about activities on the EDACS system. i.e pursuits and traffic stops that they are en route to help them with. How do they know what is going on, they have to be monitoring City's Digital signal somehow?? right

Thanks for the replies

245pm heard state excise unit advising Terre Haute Post he was en route to assist ISU PD with a person that fled from them... He knew who the subject was and was en route to 4th and Lafayette to assist them

Last edited:

jerk

usswood said:
Does anyone have any info on the Sheriff and/or State police able to monitor THPD EDACS system. If so how are they doing this, with portables or are they using there own radios with that system programmed in also. Reason I ask this, I hear traffic from STATE, not so much from county, about activities on the EDACS system. i.e pursuits and traffic stops that they are en route to help them with. How do they know what is going on, they have to be monitoring City's Digital signal somehow?? right

Thanks for the replies

245pm heard state excise unit advising Terre Haute Post he was en route to assist ISU PD with a person that fled from them... He knew who the subject was and was en route to 4th and Lafayette to assist them
Off hand, I'd say like ISP in my area of the State, mobile radios installed in their cars. Some use scanners, but that won't work for that EDACS system. ISP still use the radios to talk directly with County Dispatch.

usswood

newsalan said:
Off hand, I'd say like ISP in my area of the State, mobile radios installed in their cars. Some use scanners, but that won't work for that EDACS system. ISP still use the radios to talk directly with County Dispatch.

ISP talks to Central threw Safe-T..Vigo Sheriff is on there along with all the VFDs

drunyon

Silent Key
To my knowledge, NONE of the District 32 or VCSD cars have an EDACS radio in them.

I do believe the ISP post has an EDACS radio in the dispatch room so they can monitor...and obviously Central Dispatch can hear both city and county/state systems if they want.

I am hearing a lot more informational dispatches on H-MA-1 so city knows what county/state have going and vice versa.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
A great example of cobbled-together interoperability, especially when the county dispatcher using a Motorola radio sits right next to the city dispatcher using an Ericcson radio....

Status
Not open for further replies.