SDR# TETRA Demodulator Trunk Tracking Demonstration

hamradionl

Oke thank you,
Sometime in year 2019 in my country there be introduce a new network, that probably using QAM and support IP Voip technique.

DarkAngelT

Good Morning! I hope everyone is well!
I came here to inform you that the latest release is working very well!

I would like to ask our programmer something! If possible, of course!

Would there be the possibility that in a future update, to be able to block the GSSI that I do not want that enter the list? Something like clicking on it and selecting an option "Do not write in the list again"

It would be easier to manage the only list with GSSI that really interested!

Congratulations on this spectacular update! Very good indeed! You're always surprising us! I wish success for you friend !!!

thewraith2008

Good Morning! I hope everyone is well!
I came here to inform you that the latest release is working very well!

I would like to ask our programmer something! If possible, of course!

Would there be the possibility that in a future update, to be able to block the GSSI that I do not want that enter the list? Something like clicking on it and selecting an option "Do not write in the list again"

It would be easier to manage the only list with GSSI that really interested!

Congratulations on this spectacular update! Very good indeed! You're always surprising us! I wish success for you friend !!!

Happy it's working well for you, thanks for the praise.:)

Not sure I fully understand request.

To block a GSSI you would need a list of (known) target GSSIs to exclude from 'main' list. ('TETRA_GSSI.txt').
Logging all seen GSSI then putting unwanted GSSIs into 'Lockout' seems easy to me.
I'm guessing you refer to the list that is displayed in 'G/SSI Editor'

I maybe be able to add a checkbox that filters out the locked out GSSIs from the list when opened.

Latest version (v1.0.14) can be found here: Release post

DarkAngelT

Happy it's working well for you, thanks for the praise.:)

Not sure I fully understand request.

To block a GSSI you would need a list of (known) target GSSIs to exclude from 'main' list. ('TETRA_GSSI.txt').
Logging all seen GSSI then putting unwanted GSSIs into 'Lockout' seems easy to me.
I'm guessing you refer to the list that is displayed in 'G/SSI Editor'

I maybe be able to add a checkbox that filters out the locked out GSSIs from the list when opened.

You got it, yes! Alias, you understood beyond what I imagined! If you can create a second box with blocked GSSI better yet! Because this way, it has the possibility of being rehabilitated after

DarkAngelT

A subselection system is also cool!

Ex:

Federal Police Groups:
GSSI 1
GSSI 2
GSSI 3 ...

State Police Groups:
GSSI 1
GSSI 2
GSSI 3 ...

Special Forces:
GSSI 1
GSSI 2
GSSI 3 ...

Local Security Forces:
GSSI 1
GSSI 2
GSSI 3 ...

Firefighters and ambulances:
GSSI 1
GSSI 2
GSSI 3 ...

thewraith2008

The G/SSI Editor is quite basic and is not structured to be that fancy.

I have added a checkbox that (when enabled) will filter out the locked out GSSIs from the displayed GSSI list.

YXS3Dnc.png

Any GSSIs seen will still be stored in "TETRA_GSSI.txt" record file. (And NOT locked out by default)

If 'Filter lockouts' is enabled and you wish to allow a locked out GSSI, then disable 'Filter lockouts' to reload list and show all GSSIs (that are either locked out or allowed) then change state of desired GSSI.

syscodec

I use TETRA demod plug-in (hotfix 6, released Jan 2019) and when monitoring encrypted network (which supports also security class 1, clear speech supported) it shows in network info e.g.

SYSINFO - Main_carrier:x Offset:3 Frequency_Band:3
SSI:x Call ID:x Encrypt:Clear D_TX_Granted Transmission Granted_to_another_user
TS4_unallocated 10
SSI:x Call ID:x D_Call_Proceeding Mode_of_Operation:Duplex Hook_method:No hook signalling (direct through-connect) Basic_service:Broadcast Clear Unprotect_72 Call status:7 Modify:Duplex requested
SSI:x D_Status Pre-coded status #:x (Reserved value)
TS3_unallocated 9
SSI:x Reserved20
PDU encrypted:2 Data incorrect! SSI:x Call ID:x D_Alert Mode_of_Operation:Simplex Modify:Simplex requested
D_NEW_CELL Channel_command_valid: Follow MAC channel change (follow channel allocation in MAC header)
SSI:x D_Facility
TS4_unallocated 10
TS3_unallocated 9
PDU encrypted:2 Data incorrect! SSI:x Call ID:x Disconnect_cause:Not_allowed_traffic_case D_Disconnect
PDU encrypted:2 Data incorrect! SSI:x D_SDS_Data Party_SSI:x Type:UDT-3 Length:64 Data:x

thewraith2008

I use TETRA demod plug-in (hotfix 6, released Jan 2019) and when monitoring encrypted network (which supports also security class 1, clear speech supported) it shows in network info e.g.

SSI:x Call ID:x Encrypt:Clear D_TX_Granted Transmission Granted_to_another_user
TS4_unallocated 10
SSI:x Call ID:x D_Call_Proceeding Mode_of_Operation:Duplex Hook_method:No hook signalling (direct through-connect) Basic_service:Broadcast Clear Unprotect_72 Call status:7 Modify:Duplex requested
SSI:x D_Status Pre-coded status #:x (Reserved value)
TS3_unallocated 9
SSI:x Reserved20
PDU encrypted:2 Data incorrect! SSI:x Call ID:x D_Alert Mode_of_Operation:Simplex Modify:Simplex requested
D_NEW_CELL Channel_command_valid: Follow MAC channel change (follow channel allocation in MAC header)
SSI:x D_Facility
TS4_unallocated 10
TS3_unallocated 9
PDU encrypted:2 Data incorrect! SSI:x Call ID:x Disconnect_cause:Not_allowed_traffic_case D_Disconnect
PDU encrypted:2 Data incorrect! SSI:x D_SDS_Data Party_SSI:x Type:UDT-3 Length:64 Data:x

What's the question here?
You should try using v1.0.14
|
|
V

hamradionl

not question, just observation. I am interested in signalling not calls (for which TTT is very good)
Support your question TTT very Good only for monitoring signalling, RAW data etc!
TSSDR and Wraith in Network info window using TABS show some signalling but a very big wish let show more all data, not suppressing.
Using TABS function to turn ON / OFF for users who not interested in all those open data signalling

thewraith2008

The red text that follows "Data incorrect!" is actually incorrect, false, rubbish or dodgy.

Latest version only shows
PDU encrypted: MAC_resource (CCK-id is even) on timeslot .....
and sometimes SYSINFO - Main_carrier:x Offset:3 Frequency_Band:3
not question, just observation. I am interested in signalling not calls (for which TTT is very good)
This is all your going to see from an encrypted PDU.
The SYSINFO is for the benefit of TTT (so it can auto set those values.)

Signalling is of not use if it is invalid. That is why it not longer exists. Because it is invalid.

thewraith2008

Support your question TTT very Good only for monitoring signalling, RAW data etc!
TSSDR and Wraith in Network info window using TABS show some signalling but a very big wish let show more all data, not suppressing.
Using TABS function to turn ON / OFF for users who not interested in all those open data signalling

To what data do you refer that is been suppressed?
I don't think you appreciate the thousands of pages the make up the TETRA standards and that sometimes some of the protocols used within the TETRA network are not public knowledge therefore can not be implemented.

syscodec

Yep. PDU encrypted:2 Data incorrect... and messages like SSI:x D_Status Pre-coded status #:x (Reserved value) without text PDU encrypted. Network info shows both (old hotfix 6 version). Latest plug-in does not show those which are maybe clear (no PDU encrypted data incorrect text) probably because old version (hotfix 6) does not always print text PDU encrypted although PDU is encrypted?

thewraith2008

Yep. PDU encrypted:2 Data incorrect... and messages like SSI:x D_Status Pre-coded status #:x (Reserved value) without text PDU encrypted. Network info shows both (old hotfix 6 version). Latest plug-in does not show those which are maybe clear (no PDU encrypted data incorrect text) probably because old version (hotfix 6) does not always print text PDU encrypted although PDU is encrypted?

I don't think I'm getting what your trying to say.

"SSI:x D_Status Pre-coded status #:x (Reserved value) without text PDU encrypted"
The above is neither encrypted or has text in it. The "Pre-coded status #" may represent a text string, but that is user defined (by the people using the radio) and not available to us.

"Network info shows both (old hotfix 6 version)."
Both of what?

"Latest plug-in does not show those which are maybe clear (no PDU encrypted data incorrect text) probably because old version (hotfix 6) does not always print text PDU encrypted although PDU is encrypted?"
???

Can you explain in more detail somehow.

Ubbe

When I monitor an encrypted Tetra system the only thing that can be viewed are the system info. The rest are encrypted and are displayed as gibberish from both ISSIs and all other info to prevent traffic analysing. None of the ISSI or talk groups diaplayed in SDR# are actually used in the system and there's a ton of strange control data being displayed due to the encryption not giving you any real data.

/Ubbe

syscodec

I don't think I'm getting what your trying to say.

"SSI:x D_Status Pre-coded status #:x (Reserved value) without text PDU encrypted"
The above is neither encrypted or has text in it. The "Pre-coded status #" may represent a text string, but that is user defined (by the people using the radio) and not available to us.

"Network info shows both (old hotfix 6 version)."
Both of what?

"Latest plug-in does not show those which are maybe clear (no PDU encrypted data incorrect text) probably because old version (hotfix 6) does not always print text PDU encrypted although PDU is encrypted?"
???

Can you explain in more detail somehow.

Both of what? Both encrypted and unencrypted PDUs can exist in network and that is what I am seeing when using old version (hotfix 6) of the plug-in. The latest plug-in (when monitoring same network and same frequency) shows nothing but PDU encrypted: MAC_resource (CCK-id is even) on timeslot .....

I think Ubbe point the thing:
"None of the ISSI or talk groups diaplayed in SDR# are actually used in the system and there's a ton of strange control data being displayed due to the encryption not giving you any real data. "

DarkAngelT

The G/SSI Editor is quite basic and is not structured to be that fancy.

I have added a checkbox that (when enabled) will filter out the locked out GSSIs from the displayed GSSI list.

YXS3Dnc.png

Any GSSIs seen will still be stored in "TETRA_GSSI.txt" record file. (And NOT locked out by default)

If 'Filter lockouts' is enabled and you wish to allow a locked out GSSI, then disable 'Filter lockouts' to reload list and show all GSSIs (that are either locked out or allowed) then change state of desired GSSI.

Very good!
Easy and simple solution! Simply GSSI that is not checked will not be displayed!
I'm looking forward to this feature!
Congratulations thewraith2008! Thanks to you, with every passing day the Tetra Trunk Tracker is more perfect!

thewraith2008

Hmm i did a fresh install of sdr# and TTT and now it will not filter out encrypted calls anymore https://puu.sh/CXXTA/61e0086444.mp4
or Display ongoing call data

https://puu.sh/CXY04/b63bccfbb2.png

You must use option use "Call list - Alternative generation" as it has more code to handle encrypted calls when set to not listen to them.
When not used, it is TSSDR's original code which has short comings in a few areas.

When PDUs are encrypted, the plug-in has no real way to determine state of speech.
My code change makes assumptions that when PDUs are encrypted, speech is also. The 4th scenario in changelog does not work well because both clear and encrypted PDUs/speech are seen confusing things.

from the changelog:
Code:
FIXED: 'Listen only clear speech' was not working properly. Encrypted audio can sometime bleed through.
       - After fix there is a caveat to this:
         - When PDU's are clear and speech is encrypted, then blocking of speech should occur (when enabled)
         - When PDU's are clear and speech is a mix of clear and encrypted, then blocking of speech should occur for encrypted speech (when enabled)
         - When PDU's are encrypted and speech is encrypted then blocking of speech should occur (when enabled)
         - When PDU's are a mix of clear and encrypted and speech is a mix of clear and encrypted then blocking of speech may not work well (when enabled)
           - This is because both clear and encrypted PDUs are seen confusing things. Not much can be done about this I think.

I did not add to changelog that this only when "Call list - Alternative generation" enabled.