SDR# TETRA Demodulator Trunk Tracking Demonstration

DarkAngelT

Turning this page, I would humbly ask you for 3 things when you can! 1 - The possibility to make all changes in G / SSI Editor and apply with a single Click UPDATE after all modified! 2 - The possibility to apply a JPEG image as a small avatar for each group that is currently transmitting and appearing next to window F12 on the left. 3 - It would be very legal to have 4 options of communications in the TTT. Example: Current Communication communication 2 Communication 3 and Communication 4 Where we could select a quick conversation on the TTT screen.

hamradionl

DarkAngelT
Still strungle in crashes :)
What SDR# you are using Single or Dual mode?

Last edited:

thewraith2008

Hi All,

I'm new on radioreference forum and follow this topic actively since a few days ! I'm testing the last release of Tetra Demodulator Plugin with last SDR Sharp Version. TTT version is 1.0.8 on my environnement.

Everything works fine for many hours/days but GSSI display bug persist (TTT is still displaying ISSI number instead of GSSI but not at each time). This bug never appear on previous versions. Something will be done to correct this issue on future versions ? Thanks !

You need to install the hot-fix which updates TTT and plug-in to v1.0.11.0
Hot-fix #6

In a 2-3 days I will probably (so long as no new major bugs seen) package up a proper full release just to consolidate everything.

Turning this page, I would humbly ask you for 3 things when you can! 1 - The possibility to make all changes in G / SSI Editor and apply with a single Click UPDATE after all modified! 2 - The possibility to apply a JPEG image as a small avatar for each group that is currently transmitting and appearing next to window F12 on the left. 3 - It would be very legal to have 4 options of communications in the TTT. Example: Current Communication communication 2 Communication 3 and Communication 4 Where we could select a quick conversation on the TTT screen.

I can add to to the maybe list.
Can you explain more #3

DarkAngelT

Example: I am currently listening to an active GSSI currently. Below you could have a list with the communication of other GSSIs with smaller priorities, where it would be possible for me to select (as if it were selectable channels of conversations that occur at the time in the LA)

DarkAngelT

Example: I am currently listening to an active GSSI currently. Below you could have a list with the communication of other GSSIs with smaller priorities, where it would be possible for me to select (as if it were selectable channels of conversations that occur at the time in the LA)

A selector of the 4 communications that are occurring at the frequency.

DarkAngelT

I think the TTT still does not work well if the Sharp SDR is not visible on the screen. If you could solve this in the future, it would be very good!

Maybe even an integration or merger with the Demodulator!

It would be really cool if the TTT absorbed the demodulator and evolved a SDR Shap plugin!

thewraith2008

The main problem with that is there is no real (easy) way to determine the state of a call once started.
It would only work in TTT dual mode with SDR# CC always on CC as this will gather list of all the call setups (D_SETUP).
This is what is shown in 'Network Info' > 'Calls' tab. Calls are only removed after a timer has expired and not when call actually ends (with exception if call is on MCCH and only when use my call list option)
Unless you only have a one frequency network where all signalling is seen, you don't see the call end when monitoring CC.
Even if you used SDR# VC it would only see the current carrier and not the rest.
So a call could be long gone when you select it to listen too.

I think the TTT still does not work well if the Sharp SDR is not visible on the screen. If you could solve this in the future, it would be very good!

Maybe even an integration or merger with the Demodulator!

It would be really cool if the TTT absorbed the demodulator and evolved a SDR Shap plugin!

This is why it's a requirement of the setup for it to be visible.
This is the cost of how two unrelated programs working together. You'd be lucky to find a SDR program that does everything from one window.
Not even the mighty DSDPlus. Maybe Unitrunker.
This would require starting from scratch. There are other projects that I would like to return to sometime.
Not even TSSDR wants to change to a standalone program.
Some of the recent features that I've added to the plug-in, I can't even use so there is not much motivation there.

hamradionl

DarkAngelT
What version you using SDR#
I move back to SDR# 1666, new install and start this morning go for new test

Good idea to CLICK to fallow or stay only that call, this i miss because TTT still jump to other call also sett priority.
So i delete all priority

thewraith2008
This would require starting from scratch. There are other projects that I would like to return to sometime.
Understand, you did a lot and appreciating

Not even TSSDR wants to change to a standalone program.
Standalone be best like DsD+ simple programm understand is difficult

Some of the recent features that I've added to the plug-in, I can't even use so there is not much motivation there.
Fill us in please ? What nice functions we missing :)

Think out load:
DSD is standalone program not that nice looking or use shell as SDR# but its functional to use. TTT in trunk not go for the looks but the function.
Or a simple radio style TTT using a simple start .BAT file for RTLSDR settings like in DSD ( only WFM 26000 ) Trunk only need 1x CC no need for scanner or only a CC.TXT file with frequency list for some CC channels. Different start .BAT files for the CC frequency . No need all those functions from SDR# like waterfall, filters, Mode.
Put the program as shareware SDR-TTT :)

Last edited:

DarkAngelT

Thewraith, you're to be congratulated! The program is reaching perfection! Of the 3 requests I suggested above, I know the first two are easier. The third request is more difficult. Okay. I already had that in mind. so I left him last!
;) As for the programs or become a plugin, are just things that have gone through my imagination. But I know how complex this is. I just shared what came into my mind! Thank you very much for your effort to leave your program with each passing day, more wonderful and functional!

iw2dtt

Ciao
Io uso il demodulatore in modalità singola, funziona molto bene, solo un problema su messaggi SDS che sono ri-visibili, ma solo per un massimo di 10 caratteri, ad esempio:
VIA ROMA 69 @ è + è <++ 'ì''000àùàòòààù ,,,, .--- ==== / (/ (e quindi segui strani personaggi e' possibile unificare questa decodifica, grazie

iw2dtt

Hello
I use the demodulator in single mode, it works very well, only problem on SDS messages that are re-visible but only for a maximum of 10 characters for example:
VIA ROMA 69 @ è + è <++ 'ì''000àùàùòàààù ,,,, .--- ==== / (/ (and then follow strange characters and' possible to unify this decoding, thanks

thewraith2008

Fill us in please ? What nice functions we missing :)

You not missing anything, it's all there. I'm talking about DMO and SDS (Text and GPS)

Hello
I use the demodulator in single mode, it works very well, only problem on SDS messages that are re-visible but only for a maximum of 10 characters for example:
VIA ROMA 69 @ è + è <++ 'ì''000àùàùòàààù ,,,, .--- ==== / (/ (and then follow strange characters and' possible to unify this decoding, thanks

I don't really receive these SDS PDUs, so not much work has been done to improve text message decoding. Would need IQ samples of these SDS events to continue work. The protocol that SDS is in is complicated.

hamradionl

For making i/Q its possible to login any local network all over Europe.
This not allways work sometime SDR# crashes while login to server, but give a go ;)
spyserver status map

i get 1 minute ago SDR#1666 TTT + hotfix in DUAL mode only VC crash

type System.OutOfMemoryException.
at SDRSharp.Radio.dll.ComplexFifoStream.AllocBlock (IL offset: 0xe)
at SDRSharp.Radio.dll.ComplexFifoStream.GetWBlock (IL offset: 0x0)
at SDRSharp.Radio.dll.ComplexFifoStream.Write (IL offset: 0x44)
at SDRSharp.exe.MainForm.ProcessBuffer (IL offset: 0x4a)
at SDRSharp.Radio.dll.StreamControl.ProcessIQ (IL offset: 0x18)
at SDRSharp.Radio.dll.StreamControl.DSPProc (IL offset: 0x5b)
at mscorlib.dll.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context (IL offset: 0x14)
at mscorlib.dll.ExecutionContext.RunInternal (IL offset: 0x79)
at mscorlib.dll.ExecutionContext.Run (IL offset: 0x0)
at mscorlib.dll.ExecutionContext.Run (IL offset: 0x2b)
at mscorlib.dll.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart (IL offset: 0x8)

1450 hours local GMT switch to SINGLE mode restart for next test

lets see

Last edited:

R3Natas

thewraith2008,

A quick report about the latest hot-fix:
DMO - works perfectly again, with "auto" turned ON, it doesn't jump to any other slots and audio is decoded perfectly without any breaks or packet loss
TMO - problem with ISSI as GSSI (in my case it happens on private calls) is not solved and "false" ISSI is not solved either, again in the log the "false" ISSI appears as:
D_Setup Transmission Granted_to_another_user Party_SSI:******* Mode_of_Operation:Simplex Hook_method:No hook signalling (direct through-connect) Basic_service:Group_call Clear Speech_TCH_S Modify:Simplex requested

And some thoughts for the future:
SDS - I will try to provide you some example IQ recordings with SDS messages being sent, so you can have a look when you will have time.
Location - I heard some thoughts about location reports being sent in the system. In my case, all of the radios send location to a specific subscriber, so I thought maybe it's possible to someone intercept them, because as you explained me earlier you made both Short and Long location decoding, but I don't see any GPS traffic at all and in the CPS of our terminals it's programmed to send Long location reports.

intruso

Hello

I am testing the simple mode in 1672 and 1700 sdrsharp with version 1.0.11 hotfix 6.

At the moment it works well in both versions.

I can not provide much technical data, but the freezing of sdr # sharp does not exist.

The complement I like because after the call the TS does not stay a while busy, so if another call comes to another TS in a second jump.

I am very happy to enter the number of units, indicative.
I have a network with more than 100 issi and I'm ordering, it's fun to see on the remote.

The truth is that thanks to this TTT I have recovered my favorite SWL hobby.

Thanks again thewraith2008.

73 !!

iw2dtt

You not missing anything, it's all there. I'm talking about DMO and SDS (Text and GPS)

I don't really receive these SDS PDUs, so not much work has been done to improve text message decoding. Would need IQ samples of these SDS events to continue work. The protocol that SDS is in is complicated.

iw2dtt