SDR# TETRA Demodulator Trunk Tracking Demonstration

hamradionl

It's normal for rtlsdr to heat up. It only affects thermal drift.
Thank you understand,
use 6x RTLSDR-V3 and the 2x i use by TTT get very hot, but now i know heat is not causing my crash problem i need search elswhere :)

Ubbe

They get hot when they do a lot of work. When you use TTT it only use a 25KHz channel bandwidth so check your sample rate in the SDR# cog wheel settings and reduce to 1.024MHz as you do not need to see any of the spectra outside of the 25KHz channel but 1.024 are the lowest value that can be used.

/Ubbe

hamradionl

When you use TTT it only use a 25KHz channel bandwidth so check your sample rate in the SDR# cog wheel settings and reduce to 1.024MHz
/Ubbe
Thank you, its my standard setting it get hot. I now using a cooling fan, all info is welcome :)
Run 1.05 SINGLE from this morning, No crash
Run 1.07 SINGLE from this afternoon, No crash
Run 1.08 SINGLE from this evening, whaiting

Erik211

Hi all,
I'm new to this forum but a user of tetra demodulator since last year and Tetra Trunk Track since a few weeks. First of all I'd like to say THANK YOU to TSSDR for creating the tetra demodulator and thewraith2008 for the Tetra Trunk Tracker! This has certainly made listening alot more interesting again!!

Also I'd like to comment and say that I also experience crashes with the new version (also the latest hot fix). 1.08.00 was 100% stable here. Crashes seem totally erratic, and I'm trying to isolate what could cause the crashes.
For example everything was running without problems for many hours one day, also with the computer's screen save on. Next day things started to crash just after a few minutes.
I haven't got any debug data to share as of yet though.

EDIT: When I say crashes, that's in some cases that the TTT window freezes (becomes unresponsive), and in some cases one or both of the SDR# sessions is closed down.

System here is a Win 10 64bit pro PC, based on an i7-4770k processor with 16Gb RAM. Task manager says TTT / SDR# use arround 15% of PCU and RAM.
I run the dual SDR setup with two Airspy mini's.

Best wishes from Sweden

hamradionl

Erik211 said:
Hi all,
EDIT: When I say crashes, that's in some cases that the TTT window freezes (becomes unresponsive), and in some cases one or both of the SDR# sessions is closed down. Best wishes from Sweden
Thank You my friend, happy read your comment !!! :)
Wraith2008 is very helpful to assist my 'keep come back' crashes, still iam the only user reporting these crashes seem its only in DUAL mode

Last edited:

hornet1

thewraith2008
single run stared to crash when running for almost 2 hours.

cannot find a way to provide debug info.

TTT only decodes SDS DATA in english.

D_SDS_Data Party_SSI: Type:Yes Textdata:'??\BEG@@@`bd '

Hex view of file TETRA_sds_data

44 5F 53 44 53 5F 44 61 74 61 20 50 61 72 74 79 5F 53 53 49 3A 20 54 79 70 65 3A 59 65 73 20 54 65 78 74 64 61 74 61 3A 27 3F 3F 5C 42 45 47 40 40 40 60 62 64 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 27

is there a way TTT can provide raw bytes so that we can decode it to other languages ?

thewraith2008

thewraith2008
single run stared to crash when running for almost 2 hours.

cannot find a way to provide debug info.

TTT only decodes SDS DATA in english.

D_SDS_Data Party_SSI: Type:Yes Textdata:'??\BEG@@@`bd '

Hex view of file TETRA_sds_data

44 5F 53 44 53 5F 44 61 74 61 20 50 61 72 74 79 5F 53 53 49 3A 20 54 79 70 65 3A 59 65 73 20 54 65 78 74 64 61 74 61 3A 27 3F 3F 5C 42 45 47 40 40 40 60 62 64 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 27

is there a way TTT can provide raw bytes so that we can decode it to other languages ?

"D_SDS_Data Party_SSI: Type:Yes Textdata:'??\BEG@@@`bd '"
This is a corrupted output from the plug-in. (caused by the plug-in).
Fixed in future release.
Note: Fix does not make contents any more readable.

There is no guarantee that SDS messages will be readable in English or other language.

I could output as binary string, but you will have to use the defined text encoding to make it 'readable' which it what is seen in plug-in output anyway. There is obviously formatting of the text that the plug-in does not do.

And a further note to anyone with these crashes:
You need to be able replicate crash with details on how to do it, so I can try it and hopefully fix.
I can't fix what I can't see. And I'm not seeing any crashes on my end.

TSSDR has told me about a fix for the "type System.OutOfMemoryException" issue seen.
I applied fix and supplied a version to that person, but his issue with it still remains. :eek:

hornet1

"D_SDS_Data Party_SSI: Type:Yes Textdata:'??\BEG@@@`bd '"
This is a corrupted output from the plug-in. (caused by the plug-in).
Fixed in future release.
Note: Fix does not make contents any more readable.

There is no guarantee that SDS messages will be readable in English or other language.

I could output as binary string, but you will have to use the defined text encoding to make it 'readable' which it what is seen in plug-in output anyway. There is obviously formatting of the text that the plug-in does not do.

it would be nice if you can include the binary string so that we can confirm that it is not a language decoding problem.

"
And a further note to anyone with these crashes:
You need to be able replicate crash with details on how to do it, so I can try it and hopefully fix.
I can't fix what I can't see. And I'm not seeing any crashes on my end.

TSSDR has told me about a fix for the "type System.OutOfMemoryException" issue seen.
I applied fix and supplied a version to that person, but his issue with it still remains. :eek:

I just run TTT single mode with recording and sdr# with virtual audio cable output sometimes it runs for an hour and now it won't run at all when I start TTT the network info from sdr# appears only.

I can attach a copy of the sdr + TTT folders maybe something went wrong with the configuration

evilSparks

In tetra systems all user radios need to indentify themselves, affiliate with the system, to secure that they are allowed to be used in the system and what talkgroups and sites they are allowed to use. You can never have a "listen only" radio on a tetra system, all tetra terminals need to transmit it's TIE and subscriber number to be checked with the systems database. There are warnings that comes up on the administrators terminals that there are possible several radios using the same subscriber number and there are never allowed two radios to logon with the same TEI and red flags are raised that a possible radio program error that have occured. It will never go unnoticed in a tetra system. The high security are unique to tetra.

/Ubbe

good morning all,

The above applies to TMO of course, with full-fledged infra behind it. Locally we are playing with a single TMO node in the 70cm amateur radio band. In it's current LST setup it just accepts every MS.

Wilko

Ubbe

Locally we are playing with a single TMO node in the 70cm amateur radio band. In it's current LST setup it just accepts every MS.
That also goes for the big infrastructure systems when the site loses its connection to the infrastructure and runs Local Site Trunking as it has no way to verify if a log on attempt are legit.

/Ubbe

evilSparks

hi Ubbe,

Yes, indeed, no infra connection in a large network gives the same effect as our lonely TMO node now experiences.

evilSparks

@thewraith2008 Are you still in need for DMO repeater I/Q, and/or with GPS and SDS? There is a DMO 1A ham repeater out here, and I can send my own GPS reports & SDS so...

Need to get TTT installed first btw, I got word of it's existence only last evening ;-)

Wilko

Last edited:

thewraith2008

@thewraith2008 Are you still in need for DMO repeater I/Q, and/or with GPS and SDS? There is a DMO 1A ham repeater out here, and I can send my own GPS reports & SDS so...

Need to get TTT installed first btw, I got word of it's existence only last evening ;-)

Wilko

The more DMO IQ samples the better for testing. Two way call on repeater would be good as I think I have only one way call.

At the moment I'm trying to sort out some bugs with the plug-in which is hindering progress for me.
These problems are ones I'm not seeing which is slowing down things when it's coming to fix them.

evilSparks

Excellent, I'll see what I can do.

Currently (as of 5 minutes ago) I got TMO working in the ham band. That is, the OMs managing the TMO node got their end working, I just managed to get my MS programmed to work with TMO. We use 7MHz duplex, it is old surplus commercial MS that uses ~ 420MHz normally etc etc. Together all of that requires a bit of tweaking.

Do you have the 'specs' of how you want the IQ recorded?

evilSparks

:D Getting info from TTT from the ham TMO node in test operation now.

Only wondering about the duplex spacing (10MHz) displayed. The node here uses 7MHz.

1549921440274.png

oz1jua

SDRSharp_20190211_235504Z_428714082Hz_IQ.wav
I have now Uploaded a new DMO-DMO IF Recording. This is DMO via Repeater with 2 radios.
Hope this can help. Repeater is about same distance from the 2 radio about 4 km. Radio 1 has ID: 819 and Radio 2 has ID: 860.
Still using GSSI: 131313. And it is working fine in version 1.11.0.

Last edited:

thewraith2008

Excellent, I'll see what I can do.

Do you have the 'specs' of how you want the IQ recorded?

Record with SDR# and the IFRecorder plug-in.
Set IFRecoder with "16 bit PCM IQ" and set your output folder.
Normally setting SDR# for WFM is required, but NFM will yield a smaller file size (and/or longer recording for same size)
NFM will be OK to use for the plug-in in future versions.
Do not change the file name, as this is required for better playback of sample with in SDR#.

:D Getting info from TTT from the ham TMO node in test operation now.

Only wondering about the duplex spacing (10MHz) displayed. The node here uses 7MHz.

View attachment 68542

In the standards (EN100-392-15), section "6 Duplex spacing" shows that with a frequency band of 400MHz and when the "Duplex Spacing" element is = 0, the spacing is 10MHz. When element is = 1 then it is 7Mhz.

I will check the code to see if anything is out there as well.

thewraith2008

SDRSharp_20190211_235504Z_428714082Hz_IQ.wav
I have now Uploaded a new DMO-DMO IF Recording. This is DMO via Repeater with 2 radios.
Hope this can help. Repeater is about same distance from the 2 radio about 4 km. Radio 1 has ID: 819 and Radio 2 has ID: 860.
Still using GSSI: 131313. And it is working fine in version 1.11.0.

Thank again oz1jua. Downloaded and added to collection.(y)

To anyone:
Does TETRA appear on other frequency bands other than 300,400 and 800MHz.