SDR# TETRA Demodulator Trunk Tracking Demonstration

thewraith2008

11th Public Release - TETRA Trunk Tracker and TETRA Demodulator plug-in - v1.0.15

With the recent changes to TETRA Trunk Tracker and the TETRA plug-in both may experience more frequent issues.
Bear with me through these issues and help if you can by supplying detailed reports of any problems you have.
(e.g. TTT version, TTT mode and selected options, Plug-in selected options and SDR# version and crash log if exists)

This package (version) of TETRA Trunk Tracker and TETRA Demodulator plug-in (with codec libtetradec.dll) are only meant to be used
with each other and with no other previous versions. To do so will most likely cause issues.

TETRA Demodulator plug-in has been updated by me. "Tweaked Edition (Unofficial) v1.0.15.0"
It's is required for some SDS features to work with TETRA Trunk Tracker v1.0.15. Please read text files in zip for plug-in.

This plug-in version changes/adds and fixes some items: Summary of changes - See "changelog.txt"
Code:
v1.0.15.0

ADDED: "SDS - Show binary string (in PDU output)"
  SDS - Binary String (This can be in addition to the text string) *
  This is the contents of unknown UDT-4 protocols.
  For known UDT-4 protocols, this is the contents of the message data.

*NOTE: Due to a limitation of the textbox having a MAX line length of 1024, the 'Binary String' when shown
        will be split on multiple lines under the associated PDU.

ADDED: To option "Call list - Alternative generation"
       - Remove Call IDs that have expired.
         When a new group call arrives and the GSSI is already in call list and the Call ID is different,
          then the existing GSSI will be removed.
         This is to remove duplicates of GSSIs of calls that have ended. (As indicated by seeing same GSSI with new Call ID)

I recommend using the option "Call list - Alternative generation". This has many improvements over the default method of showing calls.

Various minor improvements, See "changelog.txt" for more detail.

If SDR# is crashing when 'Demodulator' is enabled, it's because you have not set-up the plug-in correctly.
You MUST do this 1st. This is NOT TETRA Trunk Trackers fault.

You generally need to get these installed:
"Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 (Offline Installer)"
"Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 (Offline Installer)"
"Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable" and install both 32/64 bit versions (if you use 64 bit OS)

This TETRA Trunk Tracker version changes/adds and fixes some items: Summary of changes - See "changelog.txt"
Code:
v1.0.15.0

CHANGED: 'CC Park' Changing field then leaving it (i.e. press enter or move mouse outside of field)
           will cause TTT to switch SDR# CC to the new carrier (frequency).

CHANGED: How timeslot (in SDR#) was selected.
         - On some occasions the timeslot in (SDR#) was not selected when left mouse button was
           clicked (and held down - i.e. dragging window)

ADDED: UI call duration timer to Remote window. (MM.ss)

ADDED: Included priorities for private calls.

CHANGED: Event log entry for D_TX_Interrupt PDU
         This can be seen in Group/Private(simplex only) calls.
         Changed how is shown in event log. It identifies the interrupting ISSI and makes it change the ISSI for D_TX_Ceased
          on calls the need it.

CHANGED: TTT Single mode - Now uses the carrier value from the D_Release PDU to return to MCCH on the main carrier.

FIXED: Redux: Issue from v1.0.11.0 - [Hot-fix #6]
        There was a an issue with 'Net Remote' port clashes in some cases.

=====================================================================================================
v1.0.14.3

FIXED: Private call (TTT - Dual mode) - Sometimes 'D_Connect' was not correctly processed resulting in a
        full duplex call not setting up the SDR# CC side of a call.

FIXED: G/SSI Editor
       - Regression cause by the addition of filtering for locked out GSSIs.
         If clicked a GSSI that was stored in a higher index than what was display in UI, a out of bounds
          error occurred which caused TTT to crash.
       - If filter lockouts is enabled and:
         - When changing lockout state with left click then 'Update', G/SSI list will update. (Removing the lockout from list)
         - When changing lockout state with right click, immediate G/SSI list update occurs. (Removing the lockout from list)

FIXED: SDS log file was not including the binary data when it spanned multiple lines (and was enabled to display)
       Some entries where duplicated by mistake.

CHANGED: Orphaned private call set-ups will be cleared when a 'D_Release' PDU and 5 minutes as expired.

ADDED: SDS event window panel for location and text messages.
       - To access right click the event log panel and again to switch back.

ADDED: for Private calls - "Options 2".
       - 1. "Play only when both ISSIs seen on private call"
       - 2. "Disable SDR# CC switching for duplex calls not on MCCH"
       - 3. "Disable ALT private call set-ups"

ADDED: A alternate private call set-up for where not all required PDUs are not seen. These calls will always only have
        a single ISSI in the call. "*" at end of first line on call event log entry indicate ALT set-up. 

CHANGED: Private call - GSSI label will show if Simplex/Duplex and if call is only half (one ISSI)
         - e.g. "Private - Duplex" or "Private - Duplex[half]"

UPDATED: PDF Documentation - Do yourself a favour and read it.

=====================================================================================================
v1.0.14.2

ADDED: G/SSI Editor
       - Added checkbox to filter out locked out GSSIs from displayed list.
       - Checkbox state is saved.
       - When GSSI lockout state changed, it will still be visible until next loading of G/SSI Editor.
       - TTT will still log all GSSIs seen.

FIXED: When TTT is in dual mode and a private full duplex call is seen, SDR# VC returned to MCCH instead of VC park.

CHANGED: When a private call is manually ended, it now does NOT go into the delayed lockout like group calls.

v1.0.14.1 - (very minor 'fix')

CHANGED: This versions only difference from v1.0.14.0 is that it sets SDR# to WFM (from NFM)
         - This may improve the tuning/decoding.
         - Tuning diagram may show tighter tuning pattern.

The release of this setting (to NFM) was premature.

Has been tested on Windows 7 - Basic (64 bit)
Has been tested on Windows 7 - Professional SP1 (32 bit), English
Has been tested on Windows 10 - Professional (64 bit)

I have created it to suit my needs. And it currently works for me with the TETRA network I monitor.

I make no claim that it will work for other networks.

Please read the provided files for set-up and usage:

• TTT_set-up_manual.pdf
  • TTT_Features_and_Usage.pdf

I have tried to be as thorough as possible with the documentation to explain usage and features.
I believe any questions can be answered by reading these files.
These files most likely are not complete and contain errors and are not laid out as good as they could be.

The TETRA plug-in is now been mainly tested with SDR# 1700 on Windows 7 Professional 32 bit with no issues seen.
The TETRA plug-in with SDR# 1700 on Windows 7-10 64 bit PCs is untested by me and is known.

It only works with the provided TETRA plug-in supplied in zip. (2019-April-15).
This version uses a custom compiled version of 'Net Remote' supplied in zip

It is only meant to be a temporary solution until something better comes along.

Please look at the "changelog.txt" for both plug-in and TTT as these maybe contain instructions/explanations for features that may not be covered in the PDF documentation.

Download link

MD5 HASH 03f95403fb4b2a72deb21589a643999c

yugps

v1.0.15 Started not tracking
F12 Display ID function is perfect. Can I use a separate plugin?

thewraith2008

Even more vague than the 1st.

Can I use a separate plugin?
What plugin?, for what purpose?

Two hardware can run simultaneously on a single computer.
Yes, If you have a good enough PC.

Tracking run separately?
I do not know what this means.

If you are trying to run TTT in dual mode then you need:
  • 2 x SDR dongles.
  • 2 x SDR# each with 'Net Remote' , TETRA Demodulator plug-ins. (Supplied with TTT)
  • 1 x TTT running (in Dual mode).
And a way to obviously translate the supplied documentation. ("TTT_Features_and_Usage.pdf" and "TTT_Set-up_manual.pdf")

Latest version (v1.0.15) can be found here: Release post

yugps

What plugin? What is the purpose?

Add "group" and "user" plugins when using 1 x SDR# alone

Yes, if you have a good enough computer.

Intel core i7-3770 @ 3.4g, can work 6 SDR dongle and 6 SDR#

I don't know what this means.

If you are trying to run TTT in dual mode, you will need:

2 SDR dongle.
2 x SDR#, each with 'Net Remote', TETRA demodulator plug-in. (included with TTT)
1 x TTT operation (dual mode).
And clarify the method of translating the documents provided. ("TTT_Features_and_Usage.pdf" and "TTT_Set-up_manual.pdf")

The latest version (v1.0.15) can be found here: Post a post [/ QUOTE]

Designed to run two hardware simultaneously on a single computer

Two hardware on two main loops, processing two "tetra_trunk_tracker" programs simultaneously

So two loops can work separately at the same time

Last edited:

DarkAngelT

The program has been running since yesterday in dual mode without any error! But I want to let you know a little bug.
In the TTT window the "LA:" information is not being displayed.
But as I said earlier, this is a small bug that is not affecting the application's performance at all! Congratulations and thanks for another spectacular launch! You are the man!!!

Attachments

• cats.jpg
    cats.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 62

DarkAngelT

The program has been running since yesterday in dual mode without any error! But I want to let you know a little bug.
In the TTT window the "LA:" information is not being displayed.
But as I said earlier, this is a small bug that is not affecting the application's performance at all! Congratulations and thanks for another spectacular launch! You are the man!!!

I solved the problem by lowering the MMC name.
EVERYTHING IS OK!
At the moment I am reading the instructions, learning and understanding the news of this spectacular update!
Thanks again! My eternal gratitude!

thewraith2008

@yugps

Multiple instances of TTT is not supported.

This is because TTT can not share the record files.
Each instance of TTT would just overwrite the previous instance saving of the records.
Another problem is the convoluted method that TTT uses to handle the control of SDR#.
With some playing around you could setup a second SDR# and TTT folder, but getting the TTT to recognize the right 2 SDR# is a problem.

I was going to look a doing multiple TTT instances but I'm just not that motivated to do it.

thewraith2008

I solved the problem by lowering the MMC name.
EVERYTHING IS OK!
At the moment I am reading the instructions, learning and understanding the news of this spectacular update!
Thanks again! My eternal gratitude!

Yes the menu bar has limited space (I forget the MAX string length of hand), the MCC/MNC/LA are truncated if it is to long.

yugps

@yugps

Multiple instances of TTT is not supported.

This is because TTT can not share the record files.
Each instance of TTT would just overwrite the previous instance saving of the records.
Another problem is the convoluted method that TTT uses to handle the control of SDR#.
With some playing around you could setup a second SDR# and TTT folder, but getting the TTT to recognize the right 2 SDR# is a problem.

I was going to look a doing multiple TTT instances but I'm just not that motivated to do it.

thank you very much
(v1.0.15)Version does not support tracking switching between CC-VC {TTT Single mode}
(v1.0.14)Normal switching

thewraith2008

thank you very much
(v1.0.15)Version does not support tracking switching between CC-VC {TTT Single mode}
(v1.0.14)Normal switching

All TTT versions trunk track calls, that's it's purpose.
TTT Dual mode: listens to SDR# CC and uses SDR# VC to follow call to any carrier. Always listens to MCCH. (good for priorities)
TTT Single mode: listens to SDR# (on MCCH) and then follows call to any carrier. Then returns to MCCH. (priorities limited in this mode)

yugps

All TTT versions trunk track calls, that's it's purpose.
TTT Dual mode: listens to SDR# CC and uses SDR# VC to follow call to any carrier. Always listens to MCCH. (good for priorities)
TTT Single mode: listens to SDR# (on MCCH) and then follows call to any carrier. Then returns to MCCH. (priorities limited in this mode)

version (v1.0.15) : TTT Single mode: listens to SDR# Can only stay in (MCCH)

Google Translate

thewraith2008

version (v1.0.15) : TTT Single mode: listens to SDR# Can only stay in (MCCH)

Google Translate

Works here OK.

Have you set-up all correctly? No information supplied.
Does that MNC/LA have multiple LAs? No information supplied.
What are all the set/cleared options in TTT and the plugin? No information supplied.

How about supplying some information about your setup configuaration to help solve your problem.

yugps

[QUOTE =“thewraith2008,帖子:3113731,成员:1029543”]在这里工作确定。

你准备好了吗?没有提供信息。
那个MNC / LA有多个LAs吗?没有提供信息。
TTT和插件中的所有设置/清除选项是什么?没有提供信息。

如何提供有关您的设置配置的一些信息,以帮助解决您的问题。

最新版本(v1.0.15)可以在这里找到: 发布帖子 [/ QUOTE]
原始(v1.0.14)工作正常,再次尝试配置。View attachment 70557View attachment 70557View attachment 70557

Last edited:

digiman1

Hi, Can anyone explain what Thresh, Slope and Decay are?

Currently mines are set at Thresh -30, Slope 8 and Decay 488

Cheers,
G

DarkAngelT

Hi, Can anyone explain what Thresh, Slope and Decay are?

Currently mines are set at Thresh -30, Slope 8 and Decay 488

Cheers,
G

The Thresh (dB) I leave at -62.
It compresses the audio, decreasing the difference between the higher and lower souns. This is very useful!
Because there are users of the radio who speak lower and others who speak screaming and it is very annoying to have to be constantly increasing and lowering the volume of sound!

With my -62 I do not have this problem! I get all voice volumes at the same sound volume level and all with quality! It greatly enhances the reception!

the Slope (dB) I leave at 0 and Decay (ms) I leave at 500.

DarkAngelT

thewraith2008, I would like to know what the function is for (BFI (Bad audio frame) and what changes when the Increase PDU element verbosity function is enabled