SDR# TETRA Demodulator Trunk Tracking Demonstration

wkrgr

All logs if enabled are in the Daily folder (in TTT working folder), under the day folder.
"TETRA_event_xxxx.log"
TETRA_cc_xxxx.log
TETRA_vc_xxxx.log

Probably the best way to track it down if it is related to ISSI, would be when the "-1" is seen in G/SSI editor or when TTT crashes (on start), look at the (-1) ISSI date/time stamp (in G/SSI Editor or TETRA_SSI.txt) then goto the "TETRA_event_xxxx.log" and find the call at same time. This will then indicate where to look in the TETRA_Xc_xxxx.log. Then collect all PDUs related to call (call id).

If the '-1' issue is with the GSSI, then it's a bit harder to locate when the PDUs that caused the issue where seen. Looking at whole log would probably be required. I would still expect the call with '-1' to be shown in "TETRA_event_xxxx.log"

One of these PDUs must be slightly different than the expected format and the SSI value is not seen causing the returned '-1' value to be seen.

While I can fix the code to ignore these issues, it would be helpful to track down the cause of this issue.

Good, I've enabled all of them now. I'll see if the -1 ISSI comes up again and I'll share the log with you

thewraith2008

I don't have an answer for you.
I don't know what's going on in your PC.
I don't know every aspect of how Windows manages processes under the hood.
I've explained the operation of TTT here in a post to you.
If you feel I'm lying to you or trying to use TTT to do something it's not supposed to then you should probably stop using it.

I do this for a hobby (i.e for fun)
I get feedback and ideas from TTT users and I share the results of this interaction to improve TTT for all to hopefully enjoy.
If people feel this is not my intention then I'll stop.

DarkAngelT

I don't have an answer for you.
I don't know what's going on in your PC.
I don't know every aspect of how Windows manages processes under the hood.
I've explained the operation of TTT here in a post to you.
If you feel I'm lying to you or trying to use TTT to do something it's not supposed to then you should probably stop using it.

I do this for a hobby (i.e for fun)
I get feedback and ideas from TTT users and I share the results of this interaction to improve TTT for all to hopefully enjoy.
If people feel this is not my intention then I'll stop.

I do not think you're lying. But as creator of the program, I thought I could clarify things that occur in your application.
I know you do it for fun and I've always been grateful to always attend the requests and give assistance to everyone.

But it was strange to see a virus appear in one version and disappear and another and now an unusual application request.

Once again I thank you for your work.

DarkAngelT

Now changing a little subject ... Anyone here have problems using SDR SHARP in Windows 10?
I installed it recently and realize that sometimes simply the SDR SHARP does not work.

So I have to keep swapping the port SDR until it works.

Just turn off the computer and the same thing happens when I reregister!

hamradionl

DarkAngelT,

Appriciating your contribution, your Wraith his biggest "fan" or "follower".
Some info i like share, i use the program on seperate PC without internet or any external connection (its not talk to the outside)
Sofar today i have no issues.
Win10 there is a new update, did you install latest update?

DarkAngelT

DarkAngelT,

Appriciating your contribution, your Wraith his biggest "fan" or "follower".
Some info i like share, i use the program on seperate PC without internet or any external connection (its not talk to the outside)
Sofar today i have no issues.
Win10 there is a new update, did you install latest update?

Yes. I installed updated Windows 10 x64 and updated TTT usage. But unlike Windows 7, in Windows 10 it was rare that I was able to use TTT in dual mode. Currently I'm using it in single mode. Even in single mode sometimes I have problem. I am reluctant to continue on Windows 10 but if I continue having problem with SDR I will end up going back to windows 7.

pingirona

I have observed that many times when a call has started, TTT suddenly stops showing it and instead Tetra demodulator continues showing activity. That is, for TTT the call would have ended but in reality it is not like that. Do you think I have something wrong or is it a known problem?

Thank you!

TTT 15.8 single mode
Windows 7
SDR 1700

DarkAngelT

@thewraith2008

Are you sad with me?
Could I still ask you for some update? Or would you curse me?

Before you curse myself ...
Is it possible to increase and decrease the TTT window and the drop down window (F12)?

Last wish...
Would it be possible in a future update to be able to change the TTT colors and insert personalized images for each group?
Colors of the letters of window F12 would be really cool if they could be modified too!

I know that I am not worthy to raise my voice to the Tetra God ...
But I beg you to no leave me!
We love you master!

thewraith2008

I have observed that many times when a call has started, TTT suddenly stops showing it and instead Tetra demodulator continues showing activity. That is, for TTT the call would have ended but in reality it is not like that. Do you think I have something wrong or is it a known problem?

Thank you!

TTT 15.8 single mode
Windows 7
SDR 1700
If TTT shows that the call has been unallocated, then the call no long exists. e.g. There is only one MS on a LA for that GSSI, and that MS moves to new LA effectively stopping the continuation of the call. No PDUs are seen to indicate this is about to happen. I added detection of the timeslot becoming unallocated to avoid TTT just sitting there waiting to timeout. Weak signal can false trigger this sometimes.
You can disable the unallocated dectection by using '-du' as a command line option. see "TTT_Features_and_Usage.pdf" 'Command line options'
Using this option will most of the time show that the call just abruptly ends.

An entry in TETRA Demodulator 'Network Info' Call list is not an indicator of continued call activity.
A call entry is added to list, then after a time is automatically purged from list.
In Dual mode, a call entry can also be removed by seeing the d_release, but only if call is on main carrier.
In Single mode, a active call entry can also be removed by seeing the d_release and as described in Dual mode for non active calls.

Latest version (v1.0.15.10) can be found here: Release post

thewraith2008

@thewraith2008

Are you sad with me?
Could I still ask you for some update? Or would you curse me?
Never

Before you curse myself ...
Is it possible to increase and decrease the TTT window and the drop down window (F12)?
This already automatically increases as needed. I've never had the need to make it manually adjustable.

Last wish...
Would it be possible in a future update to be able to change the TTT colors and insert personalized images for each group?
Colors of the letters of window F12 would be really cool if they could be modified too!
As I'm shifting focus from TTT to Tetra Network Monitor (TNM), major changes to TTT will probably not happen.

In the next version of TNM, it already has the ability to change the colors of the 'Remote window' (Main/fields Background and field text)
The 'Remote window' is not really a remote window anymore.
This can be windowed in main program or fullscreen.
Adding a image is probably possible, but not at this stage as there are many other things in front of it first.

I know that I am not worthy to raise my voice to the Tetra God ...
But I beg you to no leave me!
We love you master!
I'm just a average Joe, Nothing more.

DarkAngelT

taking advantage of the fact that you and TSSDR are developing together a possible multi monitoring with only a single SDR, In a future update would it be possible for the TTT to work in dual mode with only one SDR?
Today the single mode works in a limited way and for the TTT to work perfectly just using two boards. Is there such a possibility?

I go beyond! would the possibility of the tetra trunk tracker incorporate multi monitoring?

thewraith2008

taking advantage of the fact that you and TSSDR are developing together a possible multi monitoring with only a single SDR
I am the only one developing and TNM already does this. But only if your dongle has a wide enough bandwidth.

In a future update would it be possible for the TTT to work in dual mode with only one SDR?
No, not possible.
Just get a 2nd dongle, there cheap enough.

Today the single mode works in a limited way and for the TTT to work perfectly just using two boards. Is there such a possibility?
As with everything, there are pros and cons. Limits of Single mode exists for a reason.
You can't leave the MCCH to follow traffic and expect to know what the MCCH is doing.
Dual is always on MCCH (with exception to full duplex if enabled) with VC free to move anywhere.

I go beyond! would the possibility of the tetra trunk tracker incorporate multi monitoring?
That is what I'm trying to do with TNM. I'll get there when I get there. It took TTT over 12 months to get to where it is now.
TNM make take less or more time to get there, and only if I motivated to do it. TNM is repeating what I've already done with TTT, this is kind of boring.

wkrgr

@ale462013 @wkrgr

You guys can't supply any details from your records/logs to help finding a solution to your issue as suggusted in this Post?

Hi,

No unfortunately not, it was not captured in a log because of the disabled logging functionality (see my last post, assumed it was generated from a group call as there were no private calls in the log that generated a -1 ISSI).

I’ve been running all filter options now for a few days, however there were no negative ISSI’s added to the database. If there’s a new instance, I’ll update you.

ale462013

Tester
@ale462013 @wkrgr

You guys can't supply any details from your records/logs to help finding a solution to your issue as suggusted in this Post?

Hi @thewraith2008 !

I solved my problem, was caused by the file TETRA_GGSI which was encoded in another way: YYYYYYYY; xxx; xx; YYYY; 3; Vero (in my local IT_it) instead of YYYYYYYY; xxx; xx; YYYY; 3; True (English). It was enough to replace all the "Vero" with True and the ''Falso'' with False and everything went back to working properly. I hope that you can understand :)

Sorry for the bad english!

Another question: where i can find a release of TNM for testing? Thanks

asgard

hi gents, quick question, after latest update in my logs i can't see issi,gssi and all datas like before, just some odd things.. what did i done wrong? i replaced carrier number with xxxx but rest of log is exactly
most of my logs look like this now:

SYSINFO - Main_Carrier:xxxxx Offset:3 Frequency_Band:3
PDU encrypted: MAC_resource (CCK-id is odd) on timeslot 3
TS3_unallocated
SYSINFO - Main_Carrier:xxxxx Offset:3 Frequency_Band:3
PDU encrypted: MAC_resource (CCK-id is odd) on timeslot 1
SYSINFO - Main_Carrier:xxxxxx Offset:3 Frequency_Band:3
SYSINFO - Main_Carrier:xxxxxx Offset:3 Frequency_Band:3