• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

tetra DMO GPS DATA transfer (EADS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiirikka

Hello,

I´m newbie for tetra setups and need some help (any useful information is welcome!). My example is used by EADS (Cassidian) radios (thr 880i and thr9).

Is it possible use DMO talkgroups to transfer data from handheld to handheld or handheld to mobileradio?

Data would be each radio GPS location data.

So situation could be this:

1 radio connected to pc via datacable. All other radios would send GPS locations to PC via connected radio and PC show them on map or spesific software. Kind of a location supervising.

Or should all this location service have TMO in use?

Anybody have this kind of setup? As I mean, every information of tetra or eads systems are welcome ;) I have those radios, but finding if I can wide my setup at low cost ofcourse.

kermit_t_f

Don't have much experience with this terminals, but sending GPS SDS via DMO works with Motorola and Sepura terminals, so I think it should work with the EADS ones, too.
The downside is, that it could be a problem, doing DMO voice calls and sending GPS SDS at the same time, this causes collisions on the physical channel. If you want to use both at the same time, TMO would be the better choice.

Raccon

Hello,

I´m newbie for tetra setups and need some help (any useful information is welcome!). My example is used by EADS (Cassidian) radios (thr 880i and thr9).

Is it possible use DMO talkgroups to transfer data from handheld to handheld or handheld to mobileradio?

Data would be each radio GPS location data.

So situation could be this:

1 radio connected to pc via datacable. All other radios would send GPS locations to PC via connected radio and PC show them on map or spesific software. Kind of a location supervising.
Transfer of location (GPS) data is not supported, only status messages can be send in DMO.

Or should all this location service have TMO in use?
Yes.

Anybody have this kind of setup? As I mean, every information of tetra or eads systems are welcome ;) I have those radios, but finding if I can wide my setup at low cost ofcourse.
Feel free to ask some specific questions, I know a bit about the EADS system.

tiirikka

Feel free to ask some specific questions, I know a bit about the EADS system.

Your experience with DMO range? I tried to find some data about EADS terminals transmitpower (is it 1W with handportables), but there is no google answer for that. Are they same as analogue UHF system or...?

And is there any (CHEAP) smart software to pc to send shortmessages to dmo channel? Like having pc connected to DMO terminal.

Anyone have tried for example tmr880 as a repeater?

Last edited:

smr

Your experience with DMO range? I tried to find some data about EADS terminals transmitpower (is it 1W with handportables), but there is no google answer for that. Are they same as analogue UHF system or...?
From 20 meters (inside prison cell) to 2,5 km (using Sepura SRG3500 with antenna 4 meters from ground as a repeater) with thr880

Raccon

Haven't worked with UHF systems so I can't directly compare but it depends on many factors that it can range from a few meters (inside a building with steel re-enforced walls) to a couple of kilometers (open area with line of sight).

And is there any (CHEAP) smart software to pc to send shortmessages to dmo channel? Like having pc connected to DMO terminal.
I dunno any free or cheap smart software that can do that but you can use any (free) terminal program, like Windows Hyperterminal for example if know the AT-command set to control the radio and instruct it to send and/or receive messages. If you want a fancy graphical user-interface you probably have to program it yourself.

Anyone have tried for example tmr880 as a repeater?
The TMR880 cannot work as DMO repeater, it only supports DMO repeater and gateway (as in: it can work with those but doesn't provide those functions).

Status
Not open for further replies.