• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Tetra gssi wildcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi - is there a GSSI id wildcard on TETRA DMO - a talkgroup id that opens all communication no matter what the id is?
I know there is a P25 NAC wildcard of F7E - so I hope and believe there is one on TETRA too - I hope someone can help me out there.

Raccon

Programming no GSSI or 16777215 (which you already know ;) ) makes the channel open to other radios. Obviously this does not work in reverse, i.e. you can't listen to any GSSI by programming some other, "magic" GSSI, as that would defeat the purpose of having a GSSI in the first place.

By programming no GSSI you mean 0?
Does 0 and 16777215 the same when entered as a GSSI?
I think there is a reverse GSSi - it would be nice to have it...

Raccon

By programming no GSSI you mean 0?
Does 0 and 16777215 the same when entered as a GSSI?
0 is reserved for special purposes, just as 16777215 (and others) is. So no GSSI means leaving the field blank or inserting -1, or whatever the manufacturer of the radio chose as filler.

I think there is a reverse GSSi - it would be nice to have it...
No there isn't - if there were it would render the entire system / communication insecure. Remember, TETRA is an open standard, so anyone can read the specifications.

Any luck with use 16777215 for listen all traffic opr transmit to all radios?
Works in DMO only if the transmitting radio uses that GSSI.

Status
Not open for further replies.